Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muskiefool

I guess you do OWN the lake

39 posts in this topic

I just got these pics from a buddy that had put his boat and lift in only to find others that are more entitled just took over 1/2 of his dock.?

What is the problem with some people.

Here's how he left it.

rsallake3.jpg

This is what he came home too.

rsallake.jpg

rsallake2.jpg

Wow, unbelieveable. Is there anything more to the story such as after he went face to face with them?

All I can say is "Move is buster" UNLESS it's straight out from the neighbors property line.

A landowners dock may not infringe past the edge of the imaginary line from shore. Meaning you can't put your dock in front of someone elses property even though water can't be owned.

So unless the property line is the inline with the neighbors boatlift - he must move it.

I hope they can resolve the problem.

You know lowering the boat and giving it a good shove would fix it to. Ha

wow he cant even get his boat out safely in the wind! i would wait till they are not home let the boats down then let moma nature place them where she pleases

That is insane! I would freak out if that happened to me.

that looks like a portable outhouse to the left of the dock if facing out to the lake grin

WOW is the first thing that popped into my head. That's not cool at all. I'd like to hear how the conversation between those two neighbors goes.

Wow. Is it the camera, or is one of those docks comming out at an angle?

There is way more to this story than meets the eye. I did not see the portable outhouse but I did see the freshly cut trees and the new dock sections angled to the left-(maybe where the property owner has put his dock for years. These are just assumptions because no information other than the pictures is provided. There are 2 sides for every story. Without altering the shoreline illegally (can not touch a branch let alone cut a tree within 30 ft of the shoreline where I am at)could that new dock have been placed there? Do your friend a favor. Tell him talk to his neighbor and appologize if necessary. Work it out!! Do not,and I repeat listen to the advice you have gotten so far. The pics tell me a very strong message is being sent. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

s

I wouldnt say a word about it. if it were me I would simply deal with it all summer. But I would be sure to pee in that boat at the end of my dock at least twice daily for the entire summer..

There is way more to this story than meets the eye. I did not see the portable outhouse but I did see the freshly cut trees and the new dock sections angled to the left-(maybe where the property owner has put his dock for years. These are just assumptions because no information other than the pictures is provided. There are 2 sides for every story. Without altering the shoreline illegally (can not touch a branch let alone cut a tree within 30 ft of the shoreline where I am at)could that new dock have been placed there? Do your friend a favor. Tell him talk to his neighbor and appologize if necessary. Work it out!! Do not,and I repeat listen to the advice you have gotten so far. The pics tell me a very strong message is being sent. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

s

The same thoughts occurred to me as well.

Definately looks like the docks are angled together and it's hard to tell which one is straight out from the shore from the photos, but these neighbors have some things to work out for sure..

I think the guy next door was in violation of a city ordinance and state law.

He has since moved his dock away from the other to avoid any micturation during the summer months as was mentioned.

I guess when you look out your back door your not suppose to see your neighbors dock stretching across your property is my guess; as most would feel.

I'm sure they both have/had a story.

I am not involved in this situation and personally do not care wink

But MF made one of the best "callouts" in FM history (IMO) laugh

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Awesome. Totally awesome! Great movie and clip for the situation

I can see they're going to have a real enjoyable summer for the next 30 years!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah - should be fun..

I'm just glad I don't have those kind of problems to deal with. I live next to a small, "landlocked pothole" sort of lake - about 8 or 9 acres, no public access, with private land all the way around it, and only one other dwelling on the lake besides me. Neither one of us even has a dock, and we get along just fine. Also have two other lakes within a quarter of a mile with public accesses, so I have my own little "paradise"... smile

And the other guy isn't even around most of the time, so in my case, for all practical purposes, I really do "own" the lake.. smile

We're also lucky in that our lakeshore neighbors are farther away. Our lots are about 200 feet of lakeshore apiece, with woods between us and plenty of space between dockage. Docks and properties crammed up that close to each other spell stress, not relaxation, to me, and the lake is supposed to be a calming place.

Well, not for these neighbors this season. crazy

Wow, that's rediculous. How would you even feel right putting that out there?

I am not on WBL, but have buddy on the WBL Water Conservation council. They are dealing with this type thing bigtime right now, and it is ugly situation. hopefully these guys in the pic above can talk to each other and make compromise, as said it will be along 30 years if not... wow...

Our lake place is 100' lots, and I sure wish it was 200'. We have good situation, with dock in middle so no situation like that.

Re: pic above, Especially with three lifts out there, wow, maybe a bit overkill to have that many. I bet it is an association, which is where many such situations arise from - just too darn many slips for the area they own. My in-laws are in one, and they are going through the same deal right now, as they were creeping over onto their neighbors (who recently sold), who didn't mind, but the new owners do, and rightly so IMO.

Good luck to them, hope it all works out.

What would be interesting is why the dock is right under that tree and not more to the right and at the same angle as the dock on the right? We cannot see property lines, (of course), or what is to the right of the picture between the docks. These look like really small lakeside lots and could be a big reason that new lots have to be bigger in many counties.

so i read that he since has moved the docks? wow, takes a set of cahones to pull something like that, especially being it not easy and a TON of work to put that much dock and 3 lifts in. there goes 2 days of work

It is interesting to read these threads. Most seem to indicate that the guy with the dock in first is in the right. Just cause he was there first and took a picutre doesn't really mean anything. Those that suggest any type of retaliatory action simply haven't taken the time to think it through, and frankly in my experience are most likely the types that will find themselves in this type of pizzing contest.

Someone posted indicating that there has to be a history, and that most likely is putting it mildly. There's not likely any way that a 'calm discussion' would solve this situation at all. One or the other likely has to go, and frankly the replacement owner will probably be dealing with problems as well.

Frankly I see what appears to be two knuckleheads butting each other and they're both only going to end up with headaches.

Yeah that's the trouble with these types of threads. Suppose that the guy who put in first put his dock off to the very edge of his property line cutting out a pie shaped lot that had very little recourse. I mean who then is the real antogniser? Tough call from a picture. But if you have a small pie shaped lot and yopu bought into that then you know you cannot put up several docks and lifts. You need to limit your toys or buy a lot with more water edge. Again absolutly know way to tell who's being the Beeatch!! I certainly wouldn't have jumped to a conclusion from just a picture. I'm sure the real story is much deeper. Something had to provoke the second guy to do what he did. Otherwise we are dealing with a real unstable guy.