Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Swap Buck

Pic's of my missed deer..

Just a few pic's (Now that I just figured out how to post pic's) of my little deer that I missed last year. Still makes me sick to think about it. Anyone have an idea how he would score?

CDY_0009.jpg

CDY_0016.jpg

CDY_0015.jpg

CDY_0025.jpg

12" oh you mean the one on the left. sry had to. i like the pic withthe snow. at least you missed it and didnt wound it.

iceman

Nice deer I would say about 145-150. I feel your pain I shot one about that size 2 years ago with my bow and never found him, I still feel sick when I think about it.

I think I suck at scoring but I'm going to guess 135 gross. I don't estimate for deductions and the net score but that split G2 will bring the net down.

But I like total antler and this guy has em! He's nice! Too bad for the miss but the bright side is he should be just a little better next season. smile

Geez! A response per minute. That's cool.

I'd score him in the upper 130's, maybe lower 140's but something tells me he would be a little short of that mark. Very nice buck either way. Just think how nice he will be this year!

Nice deer!!! Looks like he'd take a hit in deductions on the right side. If I had to guess he'd gross 148 and net 138.

If He's 3.5 years old in that picture ( that's my hunch) He'll make a big leap this year. If all goes well you could have a 160 -170 class deer on your hands. You may be glad you missed!!

Good point bringing up the age CSTPETER, I agreed it looks like a nice 3.5 year old (maybe a 4.5 in the bigwoods). Those jumps from 2-3 and 3-4 and even 4-5 can do amazing things to the size of their racks.

Gross is going to touch 150, big deduction with the extra point because its so big. Its going to net about,,,,, who the heck cares about net score? Its going to gross around 150. C'mon people, a nice 8 pointer will score 125, that guy is a nice 11 pointer, just a little light on mass, thats it, lots of tine length etc.... Looks alot like my 11 pointer that grossed 163.

All I know is that is one heck of a buck that is going to be that much better this fall! And I want your cudde back. I have the No Flash and im not a fan of the nighttime pictures. I hope he shows himself this year so we can all see him again.

I hope you get another crack at him. I would say low 140's. If he can build some mass on those beams, he will be amazing! Are you counting the days until next season? LOL!

I am going to have to go 135-140 gross. A very nice buck and total inches is where it is at. Gross score is what is important to me. If the deer grew it I want to count it.

Looking at the pictures again, it looks a lot like the deer I shot that grossed 163, I had a little more tine lenght, but the buck in the pic is just as massive. I'm still going to say that he will be closer to being in the 150's than the 130's gross score.

He's all of 150 gross I'd guess closer to 160, you'll be happy you missed if you get him this year, he may be a booner. Good luck on gettin' him.

Mike

Swamp buck

Are those photos from Canada or is that here in the states? I couldn't help but notice the dates of the photos and what appears to be a bail in the photos and the scent wick that archery sniper pointed out. I would guess mid to upper 150's