• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fastest route to Ear Falls, Ontario...hwy 502 or hwy 71?

Heading up to Ear Falls in a week. We will enter Canada at Ft. Frances and have always taken Hwy 502 north. An internet map site indicates that taking Hwy 71 would shave an hour off the drive despite the fact it is about 50 km further. What do you think?

Do the math. 50 km more distance divided by how many hours to the intersection of 17 & 105 at Vermillion Bay and you'll know how much faster you'll need to drive up 71 to 17.

My math, converting to miles you'll need to average 7MPH faster over the 3+ hours. to come out ahead. Can you do it? I don't know. Pretty sure you can't. Is the road better. I doubt it could be worse. I'd say try it out and get back to us. ;-) I'm taking 502.

502 is absolutely faster

Plus they have done work on the road and it is in the best shape that it has been in years

There's a "shortcut" you can take at the end of the road and head straight West instead of going through Dryden and save you about 10-15 mins