Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigbucks

new hunting regs

82 posts in this topic

When do the new regs come out? I see the fall turkey hunt app deadline is 7/31, so I would think some of those regs have to come out pretty quick.

Anybody been able to find this year's dates for Ripley yet?

My bad your loking for the Ripley hunting dates not the deadline to apply. I think they usually come out in early August Least thats when I usually get them. The deer seasons are for this year though

Regs come out the last week in July. The Ripley deadline is always the Friday nearest August 17th. That makes it Aug. 14th this year.

Unless changed by the Military, the hunt schedules are:

Hunt 1: Third Thursday in October

Hunt 2: Last Saturday in October

Another good date to remember is the general deer lottery application deadline, which is always the Thursday after Labor Day (Sept. 10th this year).

I hope that helps.

The third Thursday is the 15th this year. The last Saturday is actually the 31st. I'm thinking the best bet is the second one would actually be the 24-25 weekend wouldn't it? It seems like normally the second one usually starts 7 days after the first one ends.

Man the end of July seems like a long time away... I guess I'm addicted to deer hunting...

I hear you man! I've been checking the DNR site everyday to see if they're posted. The actual dates for Ripley showed up a few days ago, but that's about it.

#1 is 10/15-16 (Thursday-Friday)

#2 is 10/31-11/1 (Saturday-Sunday)

Need them posted soon as I have to see what type of area (lottery, managed, or intensive) my main areas are going to be, so I can decide when I'm going to WI. That will determine which fall turkey season I apply for & that deadline is 7/31. Sometimes maximizing your opportunities gets difficult...

The book should be out in a couple of weeks. However, permit area designations can be found here: 2009 Deer Permit Areas.

It went to the Star Tribune and Outdoor News but they haven't run it yet. Hopefully, a lot will go up on the DNR site next week. The main stuff is in the final editing stages.

That morsel will help for the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again lcornice!

So Youth Only means only youth can hunt deer period in those zones? Or only they can take does?

So Youth Only means only youth can hunt deer period in those zones? Or only they can take does?

Everyone can hunt but they'll be the only ones allowed to take does and the number of permits will be limited. It was used down there in 1999 and 2000.

Thanks for the info lcornice. The area designations takes care of what I need to know to make my plans. They're pretty much what I figured they should be in my main areas (213 & 214). Good job

Thanks for the info lcornice! I don't hunt in those areas, I was just wondering. Sounds like a good plan if the numbers are low there. This way the youngsters can still take "A" deer. Hopefully we'll see higher numbers there soon.

If the area is managed how many does can you take then i know it was intensive last year and that was 5, is it 1 extra permit this year?

Yepper, You will get two deer max. Only one can be a legal buck. Not sure of the reason for change in my area, but we will see what happens.

hmmm thats dumb, the deer are thick in my area to. Funny to see most of the intensive areas are gone now.

Yes, I agree, I am in 342, I have seen more "herds" of deer this past spring than any other. Not sure of the change. Maybe an increase in harvest last year? Maybe they will do the every other year thing. Not sure, but whatever the case, it is what it is and I do believe the DNR still know what they are doing.

Holy [PoorWordUsage]!!!! Am I reading that right? 3A and 3B regulations are the SAME except for the last weekend of 3A. You no longer have to apply for doe tags during 3A? They are over the counter and 3B still has to share the last weekend with all the 3A ML hunters. WOW is all I can say. 3B is history.

It was nice that they essentially shut down the muzzleloader hunt in my area.

What a joke.....

How do mean "they shut down the muzzleloader hunt" in your area? I don't get it.

How do mean "they shut down the muzzleloader hunt" in your area? I don't get it.

...Have to apply for a doe permit, zero alloted doe permits in area.

Weren't there those that were complaining about everyone shooting young bucks not too long ago? They ought to really take a beating this fall and winter.

Originally Posted By: Jameson

...Have to apply for a doe permit, zero alloted doe permits in area.