• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Weber:

So here's an update on my "Weber" expierience. I purchased a Weber 310 Stainless 3 burner back in April. I assembled it and have had issues since. The hood made a loud clanking sound as it was binding with the lower hood. The metal plate under the control knobs has buckled up since new buckling to the point where it was pushing on the control knobs. The flavorizer bars were wrapped up in plastic, and the last one was like the plastic was melted or glued to it and I spent 10-15 minutes trying to remove it and gave up. I called their customer service and the woman I talked to acted like I was wasting her time with these issues of the overpriced Weber I had just purchased. She told me it would take up to 3 weeks to get the replacement parts out to me! Nice! Had a Weber tech come out and replace the parts they claimed were the problem and the problem was still there. Same thing still happens. Put some nice thick T-Bone steaks on last night with 2 of the three burners on low and the last burner off. Came out a few minutes later and the steaks were burnt to a crisp! Flames, soot, what a P.O.S! Kept myself from throwing the grill off the porch as there was a tech coming back out today and I'd hopefully get this grill issue resolved. He replaced the part again with the same results. Now hopefully tommorrow I will here the news from Weber that they can take their grill back, and I can get a grill that works properly whatever that may be?

So here's an update on my "Weber" expierience. I purchased a Weber 310 Stainless 3 burner back in April. I assembled it and have had issues since. The hood made a loud clanking sound as it was binding with the lower hood. The metal plate under the control knobs has buckled up since new buckling to the point where it was pushing on the control knobs. The flavorizer bars were wrapped up in plastic, and the last one was like the plastic was melted or glued to it and I spent 10-15 minutes trying to remove it and gave up. I called their customer service and the woman I talked to acted like I was wasting her time with these issues of the overpriced Weber I had just purchased. She told me it would take up to 3 weeks to get the replacement parts out to me! Nice! Had a Weber tech come out and replace the parts they claimed were the problem and the problem was still there. Same thing still happens. Put some nice thick T-Bone steaks on last night with 2 of the three burners on low and the last burner off. Came out a few minutes later and the steaks were burnt to a crisp! Flames, soot, what a P.O.S! Kept myself from throwing the grill off the porch as there was a tech coming back out today and I'd hopefully get this grill issue resolved. He replaced the part again with the same results. Now hopefully tommorrow I will here the news from Weber that they can take their grill back, and I can get a grill that works properly whatever that may be?

I have an Aussie Gas/ Charcoal combo grill. I chose it over the weber due to expense. I like to have a lot of people over and a Weber the size I needed would have been outrageous.

I got my Aussie 3 years ago. I have never put charcoal in it but i love it. The ignition still works and I dont need a lighter to light it.

If you return the Weber, look into the Aussie. I have been super happy

I will be grill shopping soon, hopefully. I'm waiting on Weber's excellent customer service (insert sarcasm here!) to get me my refund check after dealing with this worthless grill and them for almosr 3 months!

i've had my brinkman for 4 years now, this is the 5th summer with it. havent replaced a single thing on it. got it from wally world of all places, and they put it together for me. I bought a $10 tear resistant cover to use on it and i couldnt be happier!

next year i might ahve to replace the shields that sit over the burners though, as they are starting to get rusty from all the grease drippings.

I have A weber spirit grill that I have had for 10 years.Just today replaced flavor bars and grates. It still cooks like it is new. use it 12 months A year. I believe it is worth the extra money. It is to bad you had a bad experience.Quality control and customer service is going down hill on just about all products. But that is a topic for another day.

Gas for convenience, coal for flavor.

My $179 thermos select has been going strong for 3+ years!

We also have a Grill Pro at the cabin...been a good grill too.

Would like to try a Weber some day, maybe when the Thermos gives up

Would like to try a Weber some day, maybe when the Thermos gives up

If you hit a few sales or watch the ads it is easy to pick one up for under $25.00. I was getting rid of some scrap metal and there was a good 26" Weber by the bin that just needed the top handle fixed. I would have took it but I already have 2 of them.