• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I've heard of the awesome fishing on Erie for walleye. I would love to make a trip there. Never been there before.I live 600 miles away and would like to go there at the best possible time. When do you think the best time would be? april, may june? and a good place to stay. thanks

well, as you can see I'm from MN and don't really know nothing either. But we did venture out that way 3 springs ago to fish those pre-spawn walleyes out of Port Clinton and ran into the worst thing ever: DIRTY WATER. We managed a few, and they were hogs, but mostly really slow. That was the beginning of April, and by what I was able to tell probably one of the best times to go to get after those big ones.

We are heading out there again this year, on April 16 for a few days. If nothing else it's a good time of the year because there ain't much else to fish around home.

Drezler...are you going out of Port Clinton again? I am from that area. Have you tried the Maumee while you were there? You may want to give that a try as well, particularly if the lake is muddy (river will be muddy too, but you can still do quite well). In addition, you may be able to get into the white bass. Of course the reefs out of Port Clinton are always good too.

I'll definetley have to keep the maumee river in mind for next time. I mean, at least you'd give yourself a chance.

It sounds like it gets loaded up with shore fisherman in the spring.

Do you or anyone know if it's deep enough to run like our 20' boats in there?

Sorry for the late reply. I believe in the mouth of the river you would be ok, but you would be much better off fishing in waders upstream. If you fish the mouth in deeper water, then I would recommend bringing an assortment of blade baits as well. Google Maumee tackle and check out the river update. Action should begin rather soon.