• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Armor, isnt it supposed to be waterproof?

Cyberfish

First of all, Arctic Armor IS Breathable. The insulating value is very high so you won't shed heat as fast as cheaper suits and you may perspire more if you are actively moving around, especially on warm days.

I have also used my camo suit in the fall archery hunting season and have had very good results. The suit was heavy with moisture on the outside but I was dry inside.

I will continue to use my suit year round as one can see in many of my fishing and hunting photo's.

I type this as a consumer and not a pro staff member on the HotSpotOutdoors HSOforum. This suit is that good.

For anyone who has had an issue with their Arctic Armor product, please contact me and I will see what I can do to help you out if you have a issue with your suit even if you did not purchase your suit from the Outdoor Pro Store here on the HotSpotOutdoors HSOforum.

[email protected]

507-964-2773-

cell-320-510-1650

Sorry if it seems I'm trying to stir the pot....definitely not my intention. Just posting my opinion of Arctic Armor as it pertains to openwater fishing, which is that a breathable rainsuit might be a better (and cheaper) option, and that the particular suit I bought my dad is not waterproof, which was also the concern of the original poster.

No need to be sorry, I was generalizing and not directing it towards anyone. Thanks for sharing your experience/opinion

Sorry if it seems I'm trying to stir the pot....definitely not my intention. Just posting my opinion of Arctic Armor as it pertains to openwater fishing, which is that a breathable rainsuit might be a better (and cheaper) option, and that the particular suit I bought my dad is not waterproof, which was also the concern of the original poster.

Had this been posted in the ice fishing forum my opinion would be a little different in that it might be a very good choice given its warmth and flotation qualities. You could have named your price three Januarys ago when I was swimming in Leech Lake, in the middle of the night, with no other fisherman in sight and I would have said it was a great deal.

I don't think you have to be sorry at all. I don't believe there is a product out that is perfect. YOu may have got a suit that has some faults or you were in a big down pour that it couldn't hold up to. I can tell you from my experience, there isn't a better suit out. I won't wear it for rain if it's warm out, but have worn it in rain and stayed plenty dry. I would contact your dealer as said before and let them handle it. They seem like a great company from my dealings with them and I would be suprised if they didn't take care of you.

I haven't been in anything but light rain with my Camo AA but I've stayed warm and dry. I don't wear my AA when doing anything that would work up a sweat. Then again before AA I didn't wear anything that I'd sweat in either. Layers, put them on and take them off as needed. Or I'll unzip the AA at first sign of things getting a little too warm.

INSULTEX™ is somewhat breathable and it won't absorb moister like other types of insulation. Thats good in that it keeps the insulating factor high but it can build up moister between you and the INSULTEX™ if you don't regulate the layers or overheat.

I don't know about the rest of the state but its been cold and windy here. The AA has served me well but I'd like to put it away for the summer.

I'm surprised how many people are still wearing Arctic Armor at this time of year. I quit wearing mine around 30-35 degrees, at those temps I get too warm in it even with nothing other than 1 lightweight polypro layer under it.

I haven't worn mine in the rain very much but the only dampness I've ever had in my suit has been from perspiration.

I actually bought mine lightly used for half price, so mabye I shouldn't complain. mabye my expectations were a bit high?

it has been great for winter and cold weather fishing, keeps me warm and dry. it does absorb water however. if i get overheated and dont unzip in time it gets pretty damp from persiration. Saturday was not perspiration though. I was never really warm. started out comfortable, then slowly got damp and cold when the rain started.

It could be that the previous owner laundered it improperly effecting the insulation properties? oh well, next time we have a rainy day mabye i will put on another rain jacket under it to keep more dry.

mabye i should try swimming with it on this summer to make sure its floatation isn't compromised. I have not been wearing my PFD when i have the suit on, mabye thats not such a good idea?

mtbass.jpg

I've worn mine in steady rain fishing many, many times. I've got many nights fall trolling walleyes in October wearing AA from 8pm to 4am in steady rain. You gotta deal with the conditions when the bite is on! wink I've had a few 40 minute long, 30mph boat rides in pouring rain as well while wearing AA as well.

My only 2 problems have been my hooded sweatshirt getting wet and wicking water further down into the sweatshirt. Which obviously makes me wet. If I didn't have my sweatshirt hood up, probably wouldn't have a problem.

Other problem is with the neoprene cuff material. Same deal. It absorbs water and if you have a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt on, it'll start to wick its way up in the cotton shirt.

Those are the 2 areas that I've noticed problems, and I've worn my suit in the rain many, many times.

If you are totally getting soaked through the jacket or bibs, there is an issue with the product. I've had mine for 3 years and I've never gotten totally soaked through the material.

I'm surprised how many people are still wearing Arctic Armor at this time of year. I quit wearing mine around 30-35 degrees, at those temps I get too warm in it even with nothing other than 1 lightweight polypro layer under it.

I haven't worn mine in the rain very much but the only dampness I've ever had in my suit has been from perspiration.

Same here, I haven't worn mine since March. I consider it a winter jacket. but never had any issues with it. I keep it in the boat just in case it gets really cold (below 40) but haven't been out in that yet.

If water is getting thru they should take care of it or atleast find out why it is leaking and address it.