Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
swampman

salvage worth

6 posts in this topic

anybody have any knowledge on vehicle salvage worth. took my 97 f150 4x4 to the mechanic to check on a interior engine noise, I am expecting the worst , truck does'nt owe me anything 220k with nothing major for problems drive train works fine, body fair to good I know scrap is way down but 4x4's used to have decent salvage value anyway. would just like a ballpark so I have some idea.

I would think you could get $400 for it.

I dumped a 1/2 ton truck about 6 months ago and got $550.00 for salvage. Bad motor. I believe scrap price may be down.

They had a scrap yard on the news one night that was buying steel left and right when it was up there, but they didn't resell it and now they figure they may never get their money back out of it.

Toss a used engine in it for the cost of two months payment on a new one....

look into the new gov. rebate coming out soon. 3500.00 or 4500.00 in rebate for that truck towards a new one. dealers are supose to scrape truck after. it has to have insurance on it during the last year. just wish it could go towards a newer used one.