• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weedline trolling

Think I'll try trolling cranks around the weedline contour this week for the first time. It's a little early to expect a strong weedline, but I can always swap for a shallow diver or a daredevil and slide in the 8'-10' range. Anyone tried this technique yet this season? What are you finding?

I prefer casting to trolling. But last weekend there were areas of Medicine that had very defined inside and outside weedlines, and some areas that were not well defined. The pike we found were on the outside of s p a r c e and s c a t e r e d weeds in that 7-12' depth range.

Went out Saturday and caught a very nice Northern (30", 7 lbs) on Medicine Lake in Plymouth offshore by pulling a dull brass daredevil w/ some orange/pink polka dots through a break in the weedline. I was pulling it in about about 75% of max reel speed about 6" to a foot under. He hit it right before it got to the edge of the weedline.

Great! thanks for the info. I made a run to Owasso, but had motor problems and ended up just hurting my shoulder pulling the cord. I have my motor running now, but I don't think I'll have time to fish until next week, so the weedline should be in good shape if it is getting close right now.

Thanks

Imo its prime time to troll the weedlines- ive been out a few times and have done real well, ive found as well that the tried and true daredevil is the way to go, ive alot trolled some double 6's I made over the winter and they produced as well. I ran one board tight to the cover and one flat lined straight off the back I ran spoons tight to cover and cranks/larger spinners off the back. 36" is the biggest so far- I figgure do it now before the milfoil takes over any more? why not right