• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whitewater State Park

MN BassFisher

Anyone been there or around there recently? Me and some friends camped there for a weekend last year and fished the river, it was a lot of fun. And we had decent luck with the Brown and Rainbows there. Will be back there again in the next few months. Would love to hear some info or tips if anyone has any!

Spinners and worms will always work well, especially at low light. I prefer size #6, all silver. Little Cleo's work well too. I would check out MN TU message board site for detailed hatch info if you don't get enough advice here. Or try the fly fishing board on this site. That gas station in Elba sells flys too so you could ask what they are hitting when you get down there. Often finding the boxes with the least amount of flies will tell you what everyone is buying.

Right now I have heard LT Hendrickson dry fly fishing is really starting to pick up. 10:30 - 1:00 thing and then the spinner fall at dusk. Lots of rising trout!

You could always nymph fish using the standard bead head pheasant tail, #16. Tan caddis. The basics. Yet it just depends on when you go and what is hatching.

As for where to go if you are camping in WW state park and want to fish it get up early before TDH and the kids wake up. Hike or drive over to where Trout Run joins too. Otherwise explore the bridges around Elba on the north and south forks for some privacy.