• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just got back...

From Minnitaki near Sioux Lookout. Fishing was fantastic. Walleyes from 2' to 40'. Big pike in the shallows, lakers active in 40'. Smallies on the rocks. Big fish for the week; walleye - 26.5", pike - 38"; smallie - 18.5"; laker - 38". Lots of each species including some tasty whitefish. If you have ever been thinking about eating some of those whitefish but were afraid to try, put them on the grill with butter and garlic. Even our finiky eaters thought it was awesome. 3 whitefish came home with us.

Weather was typical, rain, snow, sunburn. None of it affected the fishing other than frozen hands don't do well vertically jigging. Still need to find those "perfect" fishing gloves. Wind seemed to be an issue more this year than ever before.

Leeches, crawlers, and minnows all worked, but minnows were by far the best. Vertical jigging.

Hot artificial was a 4" ringworm, red and chartreuse. Caught it all on those, including my 38, 37, and 36 inch pikes.

Food was hot, beer was cold, and now I need to figure out when, where, and how I am going to get back to Ontario this year. Good luck to all. Have a safe trip.

As an aside, those of you taking the 502, they have really improved that road. Probably in near perfect condition. We did see a sobering reminder of either too much speed or too little sleep on the 502. A mangled Lund ProV and its tow vehicle. Slow down. People were passing us at 75 mph. Even at the posted speed limit, I had to apply brakes sharper than I preferred for bear and moose crossing the road.

Drive slow and get to where you are going in one piece. Switch drivers often. Be SAFE!!!