• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

the wifes first pike over 40

yes i know im holding it hehe. she was not able to hold it up so i did. wish i would have been a little less excited when i had her take the pics with the the tape as you can see i missed the end of its mouth by what i would guess is at least 2 inches. also forgot to get the girth as i wanted to get her back in the water asap. CopyofDSC01307.jpg

DSC01312.jpg

i would guess from just holding her she was around 23 pounds

the wife was came pre northern pike addicted and this just drove the nail in deeper. Just wish she coulda held it as i make fish look smaller lol

Originally Posted By: fishhawk1750
Looks like a 38 incher to me. J/K nice fish!

38 ?!?!? really? Man that's a 40+ inch pike for sure, nice fish Urbanflyguy. Please tell your wife congrats and don't pay any attention to the doubting thomas posters. Kevin.

Apparently you didn't notice the J/K (just kidding) at the end of the other post. And I agree w/ the others, NICE FISH!

Yeah, that is at least 41". That isn't a Minnitaki fish is it? Back drop looks really familiar. Just got back from there and had a heck of a pike outing. 38, 37, and a 36" within 3 hours. Best day ever for me. Our group really got into some great pike fishing.

Wish I took pics of 2 nice pike we boated yesterday fishn for muskie but didn't want to keep them out of water. Forgot the net but one was about 37" n other one about 33" both was fat n healthy. They smashed twitchbait n crankbait with orange color... Also lost a nicer one due to flatten out hook.

Had a good Pike day last week on local lake fishing deep rocks for Bass using a DT-16. Caught a 34, 33, and a 26 inch pike as well as 3 nice bass all around 18-18.75 inches. those Pike just hit the DT like a truck. Nice fish and a lot of fun to catch and release. It's exciting to be able to boat a few fish in that 11-13 lb range in this area of the state. Feels goot to watch them swim away as well. Nice pics all... My camera kinda sucks. I'll see how the pic of that 34' turned out.