• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish house hole lights ?

Bird Dog

Question

We are building a new crankup style Fish house Does anyone have any Idea on where to get and what to use for lighting around the holes we wanted to stick to 12volt recessed lights.We dont want them in the way, and we want to end up with a clean looking job I have heard of some kind of rope type lighting also.What are you guys using?Any input would be appreciated

Thanks Bird dog

12 answers to this question

I just heard about someone who mounted cigarette lighter adapters above each hole and then used those accessory lights that you can get to plug into a cigarette lighter. that way, they aren't in the way at all during the daylight. It would seem to me that they would draw quite a bit of juice, but who knows?

I have several rope lights in amber, blue, clear, & green on the way now.

They will be installed in a portable shack and also on my cat boat sometime this winter.

So if you hear of UFO sightings on the Red or other rivers in the region, it may just be me. grin.gif

duralight.jpg

They are a very handy lighting system for indirect lighting or area lighting. They have track or clips for instillations and the rope can be shortened in 6" intervals. The power caps are a snap on deal, very easy to work with. You can also split them or add two colors on a string if need be. Pretty cool!

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]
http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 11-23-2002).]

Ed and others-I just noticed that Kmart is advertising 18' rope lights for $5.99 in the Sunday morning flyer. Could these lights work the same way? Could I run them off off a 12volt battery or a gel cell in the portable? Sorry if I missed something but could someone clarify this for me? Thanks-TROY

Okay, never-mind about that last post. In order to use the lights from Kmart in the portable I need to drag along the generator. Which kind of defeats the purpose. Is there some way to completely delete a previous post when a brain fart like that occurs? ( mental note to self,....12 volt Troy,...not 110,....12 Volt!!!). GEEEEEZ!!!!

Thanks Ed. I just hate mad.gif when I do things like that. I don't know why it should bother me though,...for as often as it happens I should be well used to the feeling by now smile.gif I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks again-TROY

I had the same ideas at first too. Then I found out it was best to just go with the 12V rope made for just these type of installations.

I have "Brain Farts" all the time, I call them ideas. smile.gif

I might be crazy, but I spent $30 on a 400 watt power inverter and just plan on bringing my deep cycle along with me when I go. My thought is that I should save money in the long run by spending less on 120v accessories as opposed to 12v. With the lighting and the TV/VCR for the kids and a few other appliances, I still figure I should get plenty of juice without buying a generator (although it would be nice to have one). Any one tried this?