• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

any o/b jet owners ?

i've been wanting to get one for the last year or so and i found one that seems to be a good deal. Just wondering what other peoples experience with them and what size motor would be a good fit on a 16'? Would i be better off saving my money and useing my canoe on the river and buy a inboard jet later on?

We used ob jets in ak, you lose 30% of the rated power w/ a jet so a 40hp motor was more like a 28 hp prop. We had 40hps on 18' Lowe semiV's and they got up on plane just fine. It depends on how big/heavy and hull design of your 16' but I'd guess 30-40hp would get you up on plane. Flat bottom boat is best and your gonna burn alot more gas but they sure are fun and can get you places no one can reach! Great for river running.

I had it out on the rum today. I forgot my gps in the truck but i would say it runs the mid twenties atleast. So far it seems to be set up pretty good no cavatation but it is alittle thursty. I got up to rum river central park and turned around it got plenty shallow after ramsey.