• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frustration leads to PB!

wooduck26

Last night was very interesting. On our 3rd spot, without a run, we hit some active fish. 30 minutes into this spot we had lost 2 runs...all to the timber below the surface, the fish were hooked, fighting, only to wrap us up. I repositioned the boat with the anchor, to try to aviod one particular trouble spot. Well we lost 2 more fish to timber and the frustrations were on HIGH!. With broken spirits we kept trying! While the Twins were in the 7th inning on the radio, I got another run. This run was not aggressive, but more like a few quick clicks. My buddy asked me "Do you think thats a fish?" I wasnt sure. I grabbed the rod from the holder, and let it do it's thing...."Yep, Its a fish!" I told him. I felt the fish and set the hook! "WOW, This is a good fish" I said after a few strong head shakes.....I fought the fish for a bit then....... BANG! He broke me off! My line went slack and I threw out every cuss word that had built up throughout the night....I was HOT! I ever slapped my rod tip on the water a few times out of frustration! I started reeling up and low and behold, FISH ON! It must have had me wrapped around something and it slipped out, or broke the branch off or whatever....I fought this fish for what seemed like forever....I get it to the net... and Justin says, "Dude, it dont fit in the net!" I looked, and he was right...Its not going in!, I quickly grabbed the fish by the jaw and shoved him in the net as far as I could, and we had him! I was on top of the world!

My New PB 44lb. 11oz on the digital!

Cat44_1-1.jpg

Cat44_2.jpg

CPR...to fight another day!

Cat44_4.jpg

Nice fish woodduck.

Way to stick it out.

We had a similar experience last night losing a bunch of fish to the snag pile and even a dreaded break off on hookset (all while listening to the Twins).

Congrats on the PB!

All right wooduck26!

See persistence easies resistance wink That area holds good fish. You just have to say a little prayer to the flat Gods and stick with it grin

Congrates on the PB.

Maybe run into ya next weekend when I am a zombie during the Shoot Out smile

Nice fish Woodsie. coolsmilesmile

Using bullies??? North of 494?? Don't worry I don't have a boat to get out there. laugh

Shawn had a big 7 lbr, and one swing and miss. I didn't even have a single click. shocked

Gotta go get some more bullies though.

Nice fish Woodsie. coolsmilesmile

Using bullies??? North of 494??

Yes, and No.

Good to see your getting the youngster out! Like I said, I may have a good shore spot for you....I still havent got up there to sonar it. THIS WEEK! I will!