Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fish to Win

MN Elk Hunt

8 posts in this topic

The DNR site says that we should know if there is a 09'hunt sometime this Month. From the past years it looks like a 09' is going to happen, would you all agree and has anyone had any luck with this- It looks like a great hunt to be involved with. Thanks-

I am pretty sure there will be a '09 hunt. There is a strong desire to reduce the herd numbers, especially the Kittson herd.

I had a bull tag in -05. Although I did not connect - i had an absolute blast and made some great new friends as a result.

Good luck!

is the elk land public or private up there? I thought the good hunting was all on private land.

About 50/50 public vs private around Grygla. Actually, the elk spend a lot of time on public land.

There will be a hunt. Info should be out next week. The application deadline will be Friday, July 17th. That's all I'll say. smile

Mine was shot on public land in 07. Had permission on private land though. The are some real nice people up there. Here is a link to the post about my hunt.

MN elk