• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How deep?

Tom7227

That's about where we ended up. I was lucky enough to have a hill of pure sand so it wasn't hard, but a lot of work.

The worse part was watching Ang stand there crying and hoping no one would notice me doing the same.

Norm had a heaert murmur from birth. The vet told her he would only last 3-4 years and the breeder offered to take him back. That was out of the question after about the first 5 minutes she owned him. About the first of the year he filled up with fluid. The U cost over $1600 and really said other than a very expensive pacemaker there was nothing to be done. Meds worked for a while. On Friday he seemed OK when he was at my house, but he just collapsed and died early Saturday morning. It was really tough dealing with it as he was Ang's best friend.

The breeder quickly offered a replacement dog and I thought that was an incredibly generous offer. Ang is going to take some time off from dog ownership so she can pay off some bills. She's learned that even a free dog isn't really free.

I am so sorry for the loss. There is nothing I can say to make the loss easy. My dogs along with my Wife are my life. I am sure Norm was the same to you and Ang. I send my thoughts and prayers to you from one FMer to another. It is a sad time. Take Care Dave