Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Born2Fish

Quick question.

4 posts in this topic

I am trying my hardest to find a "new" used engine for my boat. It's a 2.5L 120hp mercrusiser. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look(either online or metro area)? I had found one a week or so back on craigs but it is now not listed. Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm assuming you're talking about an I/O? That was a pretty popular engine back in the 70's and 80's, there should be plenty of them around. You might have to buy the entire boat to get the engine out of it though.

If you can't find a boat to get the motor from you could buy a remanufactured auto motor and put a marine cam in it.

Steve

Yes it is an I/O. And yes I have seen a ton of them in older boats, but no motors alone. The marine cam thing has also been suggested to me as of late. Not really too sure how easy that would be(I do have an engine guy working with me on this). I am just wondering about mounts and how well a auto motor would fit.