Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mww24

mojo bass rods

9 posts in this topic

has anyone used the st croix mojo bass rods. I'm looking to get some technique specific rods this year. I have a premier glass crankbait rod and 2 avid series rods. I love all 3 of those rods. The price is right with the mojo series. has anyone had much use of them. i'm especially looking at the worm and plastic rods. are they as sensitive as the avid series or not. just curious.any info would be great. thanks.

yea thay are good rods i have one for senko and fliping the only reson thay are cheaper then the other st.croix rods is because thay are made in mexico

they actually aren't made in mexico. Yet............Right now they are made in wisconsin, they will be made in mexico next year. I was told this by 2 reputable people but who knows

Nice, I just can't believe that a company that is doing well like St.Croix would give the jobs to people in other countries during this economy... Oh well

A possible reasoning for moving the mojo bass production out of the country is because it caused their wisconsin manufacturing plant to become terribly backed up this spring. The mojo rods are St. Croix's best selling rod in the history of the company and its only been around for one year! Don't get me wrong, its a good problem to have, but they got way backed up in the production of their other models of rods because of the mojos

For the price, they are hard to beat. I have only used the frog model, and I have no complaints, they will have a hard time getting off with that stick in my hands, its a beast!

I just think that they should hire more people or expand instead of following suit and going to mexico for their help...

Heard through a grape vine the deal was to develop and start in the U.S., but the cost of the rod was low so it would definetly end up been made some where else to save on the cost. Quite a few manufacture's do this. I do really agree with you tonka why not jobs here!