Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WARRIORBOATMAN

BIG MANTRAP?

21 posts in this topic

Anyone fish last year on Mantrap Lake,Are the Muskies getting bigger in there?

Thanks in advance

WBM

I saw one in there once smile

To answer your question yeah but it's also more busy now too.

The Dock at the Public Access says

FARGO-MOORHEAD CHAPTER OF MUSKIES INC.

I assume there is a ski or two in there???

Mantrap does have a fish or 2 in it.

Neat lake, very clear. Try fishing it on overcast days, or at night.

FM chapter buys docks for several muskie waters in central MN.

JS

Parking RAMP was "PACKED TO THE MAX" on Saturday Morning!

Very neat lake indeed!

Did not see anything over 45.

There are fish over 45" in there. Only the small fish were moving this weekend. I spoke with some guys that did see one or two bigger fish but everything else was on the small side.

That launch was packed saturday! wow.. every spot that we tryed to fish either had 4 boats on it, or had just been fished. That lake is way to crowded for me so I guess I have to find another lake.

But the baby Loons that had just hatched and were on their mothers backs made it all worth while. If there is a prettier thing than the loons on Mantrap, I haven't seen it.

There is one thing prettier, a fifty incher with one of those babies in its jaws!

we watched a hawk eye one up for about 10 minutes, we thought that we might get a little action but the hawk decided it wasn't worth it.

Buddy got a 40 Saturday early afternoon. Fished hard Saturday and Sunday but only saw 3 other lazy fish.

Boated a 43" on the opener, had 10 other follows, 1 other near miss.

I was there when they measured that one and I'm pretty sure it was 47"

LOL- must have been the Delaney's staff measuring- they're always telling stories of '32 in walleye and 25 lb northerns- why not a 50+ muskie?

Sunneye or bowhunter - are you saying the fish was killed, or did you see it measured on the lake and released? If so that's disappointing. It is what it is. There's such a limited quantity of those big girls, and maybe now one less.

That and the trolling motor is up and the picture is being taken from another boat or a dock. Might have been trolling?

That and the trolling motor is up and the picture is being taken from another boat or a dock. Might have been trolling?

I've seen boats with their trolling motor out of the water when taking a pic, I would guess sometimes they'll get it out of the water to get it out of the way when fighting a fish. But who knows, could have been trolling anyway...

They guys I saw pulled the troller and had no idea how to use their cradle. I'm pretty sure it was this fish. They released it after a couple vertical holds. I thought it was out of the water much too long, but it swam away with a splash of the tail. Definetely not the best handling of a musky I've seen but not the worst.

That's a big fish. That looks all of 50". Hopefully she lived.

Fished this lake twice and have loved it each time. Saw a couple of hefty fish. It's just a really awesome lake to be on, lot of undeveloped shoreline and great structure all over.