Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Genofish

Jigging in bow

13 posts in this topic

What seat do you all prefere when jigging in the bow?

Butt seat or regular seat?

I either stand with no seat, or use a tall stand-up pedestal with a butt seat

Butt seats are for bass boats and musky heads... isn't this the Walleye forum?

A butt seat. I do not sit on it though, I just lean against it. It seams to help my back after a few days on the water.

I've never fished with a butt seat. I just stand or use the regular seat. What makes the butt seat that much better?

I like it because they are adjustable so that you can either lean against it or sit at different heights. I prefer to be a little higher up when fishing in the bow compared to a regular seat which is lower than I like to be up there. Like Mike said it can help out your back too if you've been out casting for a while. Plus, you're not always getting up and sitting down as you're already in a standing position. Another positive is that it's smaller in size and less to work around when in the bow. I guess the bottom line is it gives you more flexibility over a regular seat that is typically not adjustable. I wish I would have went to a butt/pedestal seat a lot sooner than I did but everyone has their preference.

I like a regular seat when jigging. I might get a butt seat this year for when I'm Bass fishing. When Bass fishing I like to see where I'm casting to, fish, docks, weeds, or whatnot. If I'm vertical jigging in 15'-55' of water I'm watching the rod tip or the graph, might as well be comfortable.

That is my favorite in a couple boats I fish in.. I have my 5 to 6 poles with so I can cast,troll, drift,jig,crank,rip, and have plenty of room..