• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Morson LOTW June report

Four of us went up on Thursday morning. We were on the water by 1:00. Wind was a little stronger than I would have liked but tolerable. We tried a couple of shorelines that we had worked succesfully the prior weekend, with no luck. Started fishing reefs and found fish. We ended up picking up limits in 14-17 fow. We had one 24" & one 26" fish.

Friday we went West. The lake went flat late in the morning and the reef fishing was very good. Biggest fish of the day was only 20", but once again we picked up a limit of very nice 16-17" fish. Depths were pretty much the same as the previous day, although we did pick some up a little shallower. Everything was on a jig and a minnow. One of the guys picked up a 36" Northern in the afternoon. All in all Friday was a chamber of commerce day in the Morson area.

The rain started late Friday night, We woke up to wind and rain on Saturday. The forecast wasn't promising so we packed up and headed home. After 3 straight weekends, not sure when I will get back up there. So, keep the reports coming so I can live vicariously, through you guys

I had a buddy who just came back from the weekend at the cabin on Sabaskong. He said Saturday through Monday the wind blew so hard he didn't even bother getting in the boat. He mentioned a short jaunt late Monday night to no avail. Hope it's good when we go up in two weeks. I'll be looking for the July reports from Morson. laugh

I had a buddy who just came back from the weekend at the cabin on Sabaskong. He said Saturday through Monday the wind blew so hard he didn't even bother getting in the boat. He mentioned a short jaunt late Monday night to no avail. Hope it's good when we go up in two weeks. I'll be looking for the July reports from Morson. laugh

Our cabin is on the rock shore on the south shore outside Hanson Bay. Our dock got blown up into our tracks for the boat trolly from the wind this past weekend. Our neighbor's dock detached from the rock and is gone. I'm told there was 6ft swells in front of us and 8ft in the main lake. Quite the weekend.

We went to all crawlers last week also. 1-1/2 oz. Bottom Bouncers and Hammered Gold or Copper spinners. I don't even use crawler rigs anymore. Half piece of crawler on a hook. Can't tell any difference and a lot easier to put on. We fished mostly to the East and tried to find new spots daily. Lots of fish in the 16-20" class. Toward the end of June we started getting a lot more smaller fish. Lots of JUMBO perch.

We went to all crawlers last week also. 1-1/2 oz. Bottom Bouncers and Hammered Gold or Copper spinners. I don't even use crawler rigs anymore. Half piece of crawler on a hook. Can't tell any difference and a lot easier to put on. We fished mostly to the East and tried to find new spots daily. Lots of fish in the 16-20" class. Toward the end of June we started getting a lot more smaller fish. Lots of JUMBO perch.

East of Morson, I assume? I would like to find those perch! Fun for the kids and good eating. What were you using for bait?