• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KOTC Flathead Upgrade - 4 June - It's a Beaut

SteveD

I got a big, beautiful St Croix Flathead to upgrade my flathead score tonight. A guy cannot take a day off or you get run over by the KOTC upgrade bus the next morning. I got a 44" X 27" flathead for a 71 point fish. That should bump my score up another 10 points to 219. Now if Jake and Elwood relax for a few days maybe I can catch up on my sleep.

44X274June09.jpg

I got this beauty on a Jumbo 7" bullhead. That bullhead was one tough critter. I had hooks in the water at 1945 and I used this big bullhead because he was so fiesty. At 2005 he got hammered by a fish but he dropped him before I could get a hookset. When I checked him out he was pretty well mauled but still kicking so out he went again. At 2145 this beautiful 41 lb St Croix flathead decided to make him supper. You just have to love a good bullhead for a flathead bait.

steve I had one next to the boat two times and I know it was well over 40lbs and it wasnt hooked that great and went to grab her and the hook popped then the sinker drilled my buddy in the eye good thing he had saftey glasses on was a bit bummed at first but thats fishing now I have to play catch up to you guys crymadgrin did end up with a nice channel and a flat that was 35x23 get pics in tomarrow.

congrats man.

Every time I get a call from Steve at say around 10pm, I know I’m in store for good news!

Congrats again Steve!

If I make it over in the near future, I’m bringing 4 rods and you can sit and listen to the twins while I play catch up. smile

Originally Posted By: Surreal Deal
Nice fish!

How was the bullie after that bad boy played with it?

Yeah, good question. I bet he didn't go out for a third adventure.

That bullie was nowhere to be found when I netted the fish. He did have some nasty bullhead breath though.

Yeah that happens to WWG sometimes too (bullhead breath). At least that is what Aanderud told me. whistle

I can't even think of a good response to that right now. I'll just respond by waiting for you to cast, then putting my bait where it'll cut off all the good fish before they get to your bullhead tonight. Too bad for you, because there's a 50 pounder out there.

Funny stuff grin You two crack me up.

Best laugh (still chuckle today grin) is when WWG brought up the moment from a year or two back about the awkward feeling he had when asking aanderud to apply bug spray to his back in the dark and alone together on the river.

"Can you do my back buddy" laugh

I think it was a thread about awkward man moments after a big fish is caught. My mind is not clear but I think it was started by Hanson talking about the "man hug" after a big fish is boated. grin

Ah Good Times!

"Can you do my back buddy" laugh
As long as it is aerosol I will do a buddy's back. You need to be able to depend on each other. Remember, that's the guy who's gonna net your fish!

But if you're talking a skintastic lotion or something like that, then I'm sorry buddy, but I don't like you that way.... 'mkay? blush

My mind is not clear but I think it was started by Hanson talking about the "man hug" after a big fish is boated. grin

Nothing wrong with a "Man Hug"!

Now rubbing any kind of liquid onto another man is crossing some kind of line.