• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gonna try to get the Mrs. a fish this weekend

I'm doing something different this year and instead of and intense beat the snot out of the water opener this year I'm taking the boss out to chase skis. She's fished a ton, just not much for muskies. I'm thinking one of the easiest and most fun lures for a novice to fish is a Pacemaker/Topraider type bait. Casts easy, doesn't pull at all, follows are easy to detect.

Anyone disagree or have a better suggestion?

Only real problem is if she starts to ask how much all that shiny stuff costs!! sick

Yeah I'd say standard retrieval topwater baits would probably be the best in terms of ease of use, follow detection and there just plain entertaining to retrieve. You can never go wrong with throwing small buck's around as well. Good to hear the Mrs. enjoys hitting the water...enjoy yourself and best of luck! Oh, and maybe keep the lid of your tackle box closed. wink

Right on Erik, when my wife comes with she only wants to use the "pop - pop - pop" lure as she calls it. Which is either the LOWRider or the TopRaider. She'll also fish time-to-time with a Musky Mania "Sneaky Pete" inline spinner, and that is only because she like the name.

Matt

Considering where you're heading, i'd be all over having her throw prop topwaters or creepers. Or you could hit up another certain lake and throw anything and come out on top! (are we still talking about fishing? lol) How's that duck boat workin?? wink

Hiya -

Another REALLY good one: an 8-inch Believer. Anybody can cast it. Floats like a cork. Almost impossible to hang it up. And, fish just eat the things. Just cast it out and reel it in.

I've probably had more first-timers say "I've got one!" with an 8-inch Believer on than all the other lures put together.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm