Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimBuck

First lure to get wet this weekend...

31 posts in this topic

With all the anticipation of the Mn. opener building up, I've been mentally going through my box thinking about what to tie-on first for the season. I'm gonna probably go with a trusty marabou spinnerbait that bulges nicely when burned or a topraider to find some aggressive fish. What about you?

Creeper

Topraider

Double 13's, possibly double 20's if i make one in time.

I won't get any lures wet this weekend. However, next Fri when I get out I'll probably start with a glide bait or a twitch bait- not sure which yet. I have to wait to get there to know for sure...

Probably a DB#10 or #13 but only because I want to see how the new Saltist will handle these babies. Then if I can get thew DB#10 out of my hands I would much prefer throwing a glider like a phantom or a hellhound. From reading other boards that is where the majority of the success is coming in this goofy spring. Plus the weather should be a real treat, hopefully the full moon can make up for that.

Good Luck this weekend boys and girls, cheers and Muskies for all....

RU

Creeper

Topraider

#20's, holy man that's some serious tackle there!!! What do you crank 'em in with?

Originally Posted By: JRedig
Creeper

Topraider

#20's, holy man that's some serious tackle there!!! What do you crank 'em in with?

Merc 175 EFI Black Box w/4 blade stainless, 1:87 gear ratio! Not sure what line pickup is, but i'm pretty sure at WOT it's a couple spools per minute! grincool

laugh !! like a couple of garbage can lids man!!!

Black/Orange/Nickel Avenger X that I picked up at the expo. Also a custom Assassin bait with purple/white/blue/nickel/silver in it. Can't wait to get out!

same with riverkid on the new expo baits.

going to throw that double bladed safety-pin spinner and see how it feels for a while.

then probably on to a weighted squirrely burt.

WAS01.gif

anybody have any experience throwing these? and any success?

Dress warm. Down to 40 at night with a little wind.

Not sure what I'll throw. Probably throw some sort of a bucktail.

I'll start with the same as last year - Mepps single blk with silver blade. 2 fish c & r last opener both on Mepps. Most the the follows were on smaller Dawgs.

Dbl 10's, Bulldog (pike color), and probably burning a few smaller bucktails. I may throw a suick in there just to mix it up.

JRedig, I thought you weren't going to spend more than $300 for a new reel? smile

10,000 - did you become a convert? What happened to the small bucktail addiction?

Black and orange creeper then a glider/twitch after the sun comes up probably a nice gaudy color

JRedig, I thought you weren't going to spend more than $300 for a new reel? smile

Don't worry, I didn't! Gave the 20's a test run tonight, not bad with a reel actually. It's work but you can only go so fast because of the amount of material being moved so it's kinda weird.

Check these things out: 10's, 20's, 13's.

IMG00185.jpg

Painted them up last night, looks crazy.

Wow, I'm still amazed at the size of those blades, I thought 10's were hard to reel in!!! Those 20's must move a crazy amount of water!!!