• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First lure to get wet this weekend...

With all the anticipation of the Mn. opener building up, I've been mentally going through my box thinking about what to tie-on first for the season. I'm gonna probably go with a trusty marabou spinnerbait that bulges nicely when burned or a topraider to find some aggressive fish. What about you?

I won't get any lures wet this weekend. However, next Fri when I get out I'll probably start with a glide bait or a twitch bait- not sure which yet. I have to wait to get there to know for sure...

Probably a DB#10 or #13 but only because I want to see how the new Saltist will handle these babies. Then if I can get thew DB#10 out of my hands I would much prefer throwing a glider like a phantom or a hellhound. From reading other boards that is where the majority of the success is coming in this goofy spring. Plus the weather should be a real treat, hopefully the full moon can make up for that.

Good Luck this weekend boys and girls, cheers and Muskies for all....

RU

Originally Posted By: JRedig
Creeper

Topraider

Double 13's, possibly double 20's if i make one in time.

#20's, holy man that's some serious tackle there!!! What do you crank 'em in with?

Merc 175 EFI Black Box w/4 blade stainless, 1:87 gear ratio! Not sure what line pickup is, but i'm pretty sure at WOT it's a couple spools per minute! grincool

same with riverkid on the new expo baits.

going to throw that double bladed safety-pin spinner and see how it feels for a while.

then probably on to a weighted squirrely burt.

WAS01.gif

anybody have any experience throwing these? and any success?

JRedig, I thought you weren't going to spend more than $300 for a new reel? smile

Don't worry, I didn't! Gave the 20's a test run tonight, not bad with a reel actually. It's work but you can only go so fast because of the amount of material being moved so it's kinda weird.