• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota combination sportsman license

Tinkhamtown

Minnesota combination sportsman hunting and fishing license for a husband and wife allows the husband to hunt and fish but the wife can only fish. If the wife wants to hunt she has to buy another license. Can the law be change so the wife can also hunt on a combination sportsman license? May be with a reduced position limit for the wife?

Thank you.

64 and forced into retirement at 59 ½ them nickels and dimes don’t come as easy as when I was working. Plus all my nickels and dimes seem to go toward government taxes, licenses, stamps, user fees, etc 2 boats, 3 snowmobiles, 2 canoes, 3 ATV, 2 motorcycle, motor home, 3 ice fish houses, pickup, and SUV. Hunt deer with gun and bow, ducks, geese, grouse, woodcock, pheasants, and fishing.

My wife likes to tag along once in awhile on a grouse hunt and may shoot a grouse or two and for this I need another small game license. I sure would like one license that covers all.

Tink

Quote:
2 boats, 3 snowmobiles, 2 canoes, 3 ATV, 2 motorcycle, motor home, 3 ice fish houses, pickup, and SUV.

I have never heard someone with this many assets complain about a $14.00 license. I have to agree with a previous poster and say it is the best value for entertainment around.

Originally Posted By: Berens Lake ON
The cheapest form of entertainment in MN and you want to nickel-and-dime it some more...

Could it be changed? Yes, but why?

cuz its for "husband and wife" why should the wife get screw out of part of it

The wife isn't getting "screwed" out of anything.

Combination Sports (husband hunt/fish, wife fish) is $38.50

That's two fishing licenses (2*$17) and 1 small game license ($19) = $54 worth of licenses for $38.50.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Thank you MNDNR for offering this money-saving option for us. No complaints from me.

Tim

Why not offer another license option where the husband AND wife could both get a small game license with it? It doesn't have to be the same price as the one offered now. I would get one for the one or maybe two times my wife wants to go for a long walk and see what's out there to hunt (grouse or pheasant).

Up until last year I thought it was a combination husband and wife, where each get a fishing and hunting license. Oh well, it just meant all those years, I actually saved money not having to buy my wife a hunting license. Last year I learned the wife hunting license wasn't included, so I had to buy her a separate one. I never thought it wasn't a good deal, even without her license on it. I just thought that is what I was buying at the time, a "Husband AND Wife" combination license.

I was not complaining about $14.00 and would pay the increase. What I would like is one yearly license that covers my wife and I for all hunting, fishing and stamps so I only had to buy one and was good to go. Not keep buy a different license or stamp every time I want to do something.

Quote:
2 boats, 3 snowmobiles, 2 canoes, 3 ATV, 2 motorcycle, motor home, 3 ice fish houses, pickup, and SUV.

I have never heard someone with this many assets complain about a $14.00 license. I have to agree with a previous poster and say it is the best value for entertainment around.

I agree, your retired and have by my count 18 different toys to play with and you're complaining. Pay the extra few bucks and enjoy your freedom.

I am not complaining, I was suggesting a change (and a nice easy one at that) in the law so I don't have to go in and buy so many different licenses-stamps. If I could buy all our licenses and stamps at the beginning of the year and not repeatedly have to travel some where to buy another. Sooner or latter I am going to forget and end up in trouble.

TOG The Old Guy

Tink

I hope I am long gone when you guys have to go in and buy your separate winter fishing, bass, summer fishing, perch, sunfish, walleye, trout, northern, grouse, woodcock, pheasant,spearing licenses and stamps. I’ll be looking down and smiling!

I hope I am long gone when you guys have to go in and buy your separate perch, sunfish, walleye, trout, northern, grouse, woodcock, pheasant licenses and stamps. I’ll be looking down and smiling!

Sad thing is Tink probably isn't too far from accurate. Walleye is voluntary, for now, doesn't take a fuzzy crystal ball to see Muskie in the next few years. Panfish will probably be rolled up in a "Sportsman Validation" card Similar to what is required in Ontario now. Who knows, maybe we will be required to purchase a fedral migratory game fish stamp to fish rivers and resivoirs, After all, the fish could be crossing state lines. grin

accruding to people up in the state office there will not be a muskie stamp due to it cost money for the stamps and there would not be enough stamps sold to make it worth its time to do so. remeber they have contest to for artist to paint these things and that is not cheap, i dont think you have to worry to much about that

Tinkhamtown,

I think the easiest solution for you and your wife would be for EACH of you to get the sportsman license, with any/all the stamps, when the license is purchased. That way you are both good to go. grin

Good fishing and hunting to you both!

Vickie

for crying out loud...i wish i had all those toys.

you are already saving the cost of a full license. you are getting 3 licenses for the price of two. guess what? if you just buy another small game license you are still getting 4 licenses for the price of 3.

i agree there could be another option, but it takes about a minute to purchase that other license.

you can go to two movies(together-without popcorn/pop) for the price of those 4 licenses...or you can hunt/fish all year. sounds like a good deal regardless of not having the option of all 4 licenses available in a single purchase.

I think you all are being a little harsh here. He wasn't complaining about the price, just that if it says it's a husband and wife combo would be nice if it actually was. I can't disagree with that.

As for piling on for him having toys, well, seems to me he worked his whole life and is enjoying his retirement. Seems well deserved to me. Has nothing to do with what he's talking about.

I always thought personal attacks weren't allowed and there are a whole slew of them here.

It only takes a minute to buy a license for whatever you are fishing or hunting.

I believe the regs books are clear as to what you get and how much you pay. It wouldn't take much for the state to figure out how to add an additional license to the husband/wife comb. sportsman.

They seem to figure out how to tax us to the poor house with ease.

Back to the original question - yes the rules can be changed. Contact your local Representative or Senator with your request. Also, you can send suggestions to the DNR commisioner.

As for Tinks toys -- when you work all your life to take care of family a person deserves a few toys to enjoy.

Toys or whatever a person enjoys spending their hard earned dollars on is a bonus in life.

I figure when you stop enjoying toys or being a kid no matter how old you get - time for the box.

I'm sure many of us have a few toys we enjoy.

BTW my toys include - 3 vehicles - camper - My Harley - 2 dirt bikes - 3 ATVs - 2 snowmobiles - 2 boats -canoe - 2 kayaks - trailers for hauling toys - 8 x 14 wheelhouse - 3 portable ice shelters - 8 x 8 ice house on skids - more fishing and hunting equipment than I will ever use (kids and grands won't need to buy much) and a very very understanding hunting/fishing/riding wife. TYVM

i agree with sandmannd, geez tinkhamtown was suggesting a change, not complaining about having to pay. I too, now that im freshly married wondered why the wife wasnt included on small games as well, EVEN IF it costed a little more. Mine likes walking along pheasant hunting maybe 3-4 times a year. it would just seem to make sense i dont know. Too many negative nellies in this post.