• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Emerald Ash Borer info

LwnmwnMan2

Here are a couple of links to the U of M's extension service regarding what should or should not be done with regards to Emerald Ash Borer.

Emerald Ash Borer

Don't treat Emerald Ash Borer

The first gives some background, the second is when / how to treat.

I figured this would be the easiest place for everyone to get their information.

I'll leave this up for a month or so, after that we'll see how harsh the infestation is.

Great info. Thanks LwnmwnMan2 for posting it. I have had several people ask me this year what to do with the Ash bore bettle and I have told them all the same thing. Nothing... Until they know that the dirty little bugger is in the area. I read simular articals in nursury magazines that I get and they all say the same thing. Don't waste your money but keep on top of where the Bettle has moved to in acordance with your area. Thanks again for the great info.

To all concerned re:EAB Lwnmwrman's link also has tree identification photos, so before you get your undies in a bunch, make sure you have ash trees to begin with. My neighbor was all worried until I checked out her trees: they are boxelders, not ash, hence no worries.

Tree care companies are going to make a fortune off this thing.....I have already been asked about it by several customers. We are starting to get our prices figured out now. In talking with some other companies I can't believe what they are going to be charging for this. We have looked into the products that will treat it and they are not very expensive at all. $45,000 per year just for the trees at the state fair grounds, unbelievable.