• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lac Seul vs Wabigoon and Dinorwic

We are planning a trip to Canada and were going to go for Lac Seul for sure. Mostly for walleye. but were going to go 1 full day for muskie. and now we are having second thoughts From what I hear Muskie is a tough go unless you go to the northeast end of the lake. Option 2 seems like Wabigoon and Dinorwic would give us a much better shot at muskie. Question is how good is the walleye fishing in those 2 lakes, Wabigoon and Dinorwic?

If your main traget species is walleye, you are best off with Lac Seul. The walleye fishing is better hands down for size and numbers, the muskies are tough, but I have a friend that fished Wabigoon all last summer and never caught a muskie. Very dirty water on Wabigoon, hard to even see a follow.

Superbee is right on about the walleye. The walleye on Wabigoon is pretty decent but doesn't come close to Lac Seul. I don't fish muskies very often but my experience and what I get from friends is that Wabigoon is a good musky lake. Not to far from Wabigoon is Eagle Lake which still does not come close to Lac Seul for walleye but might be a nice compromise for the two species.

Looks like Lac Seul it will be!! second week of Aug. Either Fishermans Cove or Lac seul resort. What can we expect for walleye that time of year, depth wise and bait preferance. Has anyone stayed at either one of those resorts? Is there such a thing as a detailed map of that area?

not sure what you looked at, but I got one for around $25.00 for Lac Des Mille for or trip in two weeks...? It looks to me that you can buy all four quadrants for $100.00, Whick of corse you don't need. If your staying at Fisherman's Cove all you would need is the NW section.