• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bench Grinders

lovebigbluegills

I have a Dayton and a cheap Menards Tool Shop brand and the biggest difference is the distance between the wheels. The cheapo is about 12" and the Dayton is closer to 18". The wider distance is nice so you don't have to worry about hitting the other wheel while grinding. It also seems to have a lot more power even though they are the same 1/3 HP.The down side is that you will pay 2 to 3 times more for a Dayton.

I've got a Delta that wasn't a ton of money, and is more than good enough for home use. $38 I think.

DD

PS: A few years ago I first bought a bench grinder from one of the tool shows that sells you stuff in teh local Armory or what ever and you go outside and get it out of the back of a big truck. Used a total of about 10 times and started on fire. Not good, get a name brand.

DD

For sharpening mower blades I actually prefer a hand held grinder with an abrasive sanding disc much more than a bench grinder.

Then again, what do I know, I drink pabst. grin

I do the exact same thing. Not only that I don't even have to take the blades off the mower. I don't drink Pabst though. grin

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.