Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuskieJunkie

Opinions on Triumph boats?

9 posts in this topic

I've been looking for a Ranger Reata, Crestliner Sportfish, or Lund Fisherman and I came across a Triumph 191 Fish and ski. I don't know a lot about them, apparently they're made from a special plastic type material, not fiberglass.

Anyone have any opinions on them, good or bad.

Looks like a nice rig. Do you know how they're priced? I may take a look if they're in my price range.

I was looking through my paper from last weekend. I think some of the local Lund and Ranger dealers had a good deal advertised on a Ranger Reatta. 28k for 1850 with Yamaha 150 (>10k off)? I always thought they were priced higher.

Seems like a good deal to me. Similarly sized Lunds were priced more or comparable.

Trimphs HSOforum lists it at just over $40k with the Yamaha 150 and some other options. Which I can't believe. At that price I'd take the ranger for sure.

I'm not looking at buying new, I saw a one owner 2004 for sale that has peaked my intrest.

I looked at their HSOforum as well and it looks like a very tough and well made boat. I'd say it's worth a look and a test drive if the asking price is in your budget. Be sure to crawl in and under everything to see the workmanship in the rigging. That's a sign of care and good manufacturing process.

I looked into them a few years ago, they were called "Logic" boats at that time. Then I nearly bought a 17 footer a couple years ago while looking for a center console. They get fair reviews on the boat sites...pluses would be toughness, lower cost vs. gel coated boats of similar quality; minuses...hulls tend to warp sometimes, finish isn't as smooth as gel coat, general fit and finish isn't top shelf. Even so, I'd have bought the one I looked at for the price, but it was a size smaller than I was looking for.

there tough, you can beat them with a bat, and nothing is goign to happen to them. You dont have to have a bigger motor on them either, becuase they plan faster then fiberglass. There a awesome reort boat, and alot of the resorts up north and in canada are using them becuase they last forever!

[note from admin: please read forum policy before posting again. thanks! if you have a boat for sale, click here: Boats for Sale]