• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My latest build

Just finished this a week and half ago and finally took a few pics.

Buffalo nickel insert for the butt end.

DSCF0066.jpg

The Spiral Wrap.

DSCF0065.jpg

Top, 2 color stars.

DSCF0059.jpg

Red Cedar grip.

DSCF0060.jpg

Mixed color stars on the side.

DSCF0062.jpg

Candy Apple red under the blank exposed reel seat. Gold under red with no color preserver. I ordered the reel seat larger than I thought and what the heck instead of returning and waiting for a new seat to be shipped, just build it up with thread and epoxy. It looks a bit more brilliant in person.

DSCF0063.jpg

Thanks Guys!!! The star design itself was not so tuff, doing double with 2 colors made it a little more complex and a packing nightmare. About 7 hours on that alone.

I have a build I am just starting for a benefit for couple who had a baby 3 mos premature. I will post as I go. The finish is just drying on the handle now.

Works great!!! We were trolling raps on the St. Louis river about 3 weeks ago, handled everything from 23 -24 inch walleyes to a 34 inch musky in the current. The Spiral wrap works great for pulling cranks and fighting bigger fish.