• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

your favorite pike lures?

I'm sure we all end up buying way more lures than we ever toss, and if you are like me then you end up tossing one or two lures about 90% of the time and forget about anything else once because those lures produce for you, or they are just fun to fish.

What are your all time favorite pike lures?

My personal favorite is a 10 year old buzzbait that I just resharpened the hook on. I've caught a good number of pike on it, and nothing is quite as exciting as seeing that torpedo wake right before the strike on top of the water. Plus I just enjoy the noise and splashing of the lure. There's definitely some sentimental value with that one lure for me also.

My 2nd favorite has to be the only remaining jointed rapala in my tackle box, perch colored. It's beat up with scratches all over and plenty of tooth punctures. Definitely the sign of a good lure! I just really enjoy fishing rapalas of all kinds as well.

Black and silver original floating Rapala. I think it is a size 13. I can't see a noticeable difference between this and the other 10 that are exactly like it but the fish sure can even working 2 lures side by side. I haven't caught any monsters on it, but it sure brings home the bacon when I am working the shorelines or bays.

I always use a leader with this one, regardless of what line I am using. After 8 years I am almost hesitant to use it anymore in fear of losing it. It is full of punctures and doesn't have any clearcoat left.

Steve

I had a lure like that, a black/silver long cast minnow, which worked better than all other Rapalas. Unfortunately I lost it in a snag over Memorial Day.

Favorite pike bait is Johnson silver minnow with pork frog trailer. Not sure why, but some days the pike really go for it.

Favorite pike bait is Johnson silver minnow with pork frog trailer. Not sure why, but some days the pike really go for it.

I prefer a twister tail style grub as a "trailer" for 'em. But they are also a "go to" for me.

Silver and Blue Rattlin' Rap size 8. By far the best producing pike bait I've used as far as numbers go.

As for size, I caught my biggest northern on a Rapala DT-6 black and silver colored. We were in the BWCA and could only fit the head of the fish in the net. I couldn't get a length measurement since I didn't want to try lifting the thing out of the water from a canoe, but it was probably pushing 40"

This has to be the easiest fishing question I've ever had to answer. I've caught so many more fish on this lure than any other in my box. Some others might be a little more fun, but this thing just plain produces fish. What might this be?

Fudally Candy Spin!

Its made to be a muskie lure but its smaller than most muskie spinners out there. I typically use one with black bucktail and the chartreuse or fire blades. I just boated probably 15 pike this last weekend with that lure alone!