• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The KINGS are biting! The past four or five days have made a world of difference on the fishing scene out of Algoma. Both private and charter boats have been coming in with some pretty good early season catches. Best action has been coming from deeper 100' plus water, but action has been getting better each day. Morning catches have ranged from 6 to 14 fish per boat and afternoons have been 4 to 12 fish. Not bad for end of May fishing!

Water temps have been climbing and as of the weekend, I recorded 51.5 degrees surface temps in 125' of water. The surface temps dropped the deeper you went, but the fish didn't seem to mind.

Most of the "bites" occurred between 100' and 200' of water and were coming from the many suspended "marks" down 40' to 125'. Early morning action has been very good and many anglers reported very good morning action in 100' to 140' of water. After the sun comes up, action slows a bit but remains steady throughout the day. Flashers and flies have produced the majority of the fish. A variety of combinations have worked with the best presentation being the downriggers up to 20' off the bottom.

While a majority of the fish have been real nice kings, some lake trout have been caught also. Steelhead action remains slow, but the past several days have been pretty choppy and not many anglers have been running high birds with spoons for the steelhead. Fishing remains slower to the north of Algoma and the best action seems to be straight out of the harbor and to the south of town.

[note from admin:

HSO Show with Fishin Magician Charters - Click Here.

Notice Deitz wussing out on his first King laugh ]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

It is indeed Tom posting here.

You can see a clip of Deitz and I fishing with Tom and Crew in his Fishin Magician Charters.

HSO Show with Fishin Magician Charters - Click Here.

Notice Deitz wussing out on his first King laugh

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Nice pic Dark!!!

I'd like to see you do that with the Kings that were whuppin up on Deitzer's poor arms smile

One of the few photos in existence of me without a fishing hat on! lol.

That was a great trip. Left Prior Lake at about midnight and boarded the Barbie Doll at Port Washington around 7 a.m. We had a limit for 5 guys of two and three year olds by noon..no four year olds tho.

Time flies... I haven't been out there in over ten or fifteen years now. We usually fished out of Kewaunee....Got to get back out there someday.