• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yikes.. Not good for the bass boat industry..

Deitz Dittrich

boat sales and dealer stocking are due to th economy

also not helped by most major finance companies getting out of financing dealers themselves over the past 30 months

the financers saw it coming that long ago

juggling dealers due to their size has helped to ruin boat sales as customers get so caught up in who is selling what this year

meanwhile Irwin jacobs group is louding their new entry level brand of fiberglass as he stated that no brand of aluminum is worth his companies getting back in bed with to manufacturer

they say that over 250 new dealers have put in for orders on new brand

the part that is hurting is the entry to mid level that is mostly dead and yes having Triton and Skeeter sales compete in the upper range with Ranger is tough,but look how Jacobs alwys creates his own competitonStratos and a new line for fishing

He knows what he is doing and with 3 to 5 years to recover this industry it is just another economy we all need to learn to live within

just go buy a new house for 35% off and put the savings into a new boat if you feel job security

its not as bad as Michagan where 7 of 10 familys rely on autombile manufacturing,but they all fish in smokercrafts and starcrafts right[that part is just a joke that goes along with the insults we all throw at each other on boat quality

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, it's just too bad our economy as a whole is suffering so bad. Lots of people that are hard up right now. With that said... Bass-n-spear, i am also curious where the wood is in a skeeter...

If i remember correctly, they still have wood in the floor, and strings! Maybe they have changed it in the last few years, as I dont follow there product often!

Originally Posted By: TonkaBass
I don't know, it's just too bad our economy as a whole is suffering so bad. Lots of people that are hard up right now. With that said... Bass-n-spear, i am also curious where the wood is in a skeeter...

If i remember correctly, they still have wood in the floor, and strings! Maybe they have changed it in the last few years, as I dont follow there product often!

Bass boats have trended away from wood stringers for the past 5-10 years. That's just something Triton likes to hang their hat on. They're gonna have to change their marketing strategy.

I honestly think the days of financing toys is gone and dead. many many people are finding out that having that payment due each month even after you get your pink slip sure sucks. this is why no vehicles are selling.

Sure there will always be people who will finance, but I think the general public will make due with paying cash for a cheaper used boat rather then financing the newest boat that will impress the neighbors.

I honestly think the days of financing toys is gone and dead. many many people are finding out that having that payment due each month even after you get your pink slip sure sucks. this is why no vehicles are selling.

Sure there will always be people who will finance, but I think the general public will make due with paying cash for a cheaper used boat rather then financing the newest boat that will impress the neighbors.

I don't see this happen at all, the days of not having financing are gone! There will always be a company out there that will help you buy a product by financing. Getting financed might be a lot of work but it will always be there.

I think he was more or less saying that coming up with a $500 dollar a month boat payment is harder to do these days with the economy. They are obviously gonna keep financing around but people might have to buy something they can actually afford.

I think he was more or less saying that coming up with a $500 dollar a month boat payment is harder to do these days with the economy. They are obviously gonna keep financing around but people might have to buy something they can actually afford.

That's why they have up to 120 month financing on toys.

sorry $500 was a little high for a monthly payment but the point is still the same. Its alot easier to pay cash for something today and not have a payment tomorrow....

Also financing something for 120 months is stupid to me seeing how you could of bought 1 and a half boats by the time your done paying all the interest on it.

Your right Champion, paying off early would be the smartest....but too many people finance a boat for 50,000 for the life of the loan and end up payin twice as much, or are forced to sell cause they cant afford the minimum paymens....This is especially true right now when you dont know if you are gonna have a job tommorrow.

Im just sayin, when you finance(especially 120 mnths)you will always lose money....And in todays economy you need all you can get.

sorry $500 was a little high for a monthly payment but the point is still the same. Its alot easier to pay cash for something today and not have a payment tomorrow....

I would challenge that a little if your paying childcare. Try $1000 a month for a minimum 6-8 years for 2 kids. I am starting to see first hand just how [PoorWordUsage] expensive they are. And honestly without some credit, we would never be able to enjoy some of the MN traditions we have, camping, fishing, sledding, golfing etc..With that in mind though instead of buying a $60,000 boat I would instead look for a $20,000 boat. And lets not forget the nice shiney new duramax or F250 pulling these rigs crycry

Stratos 186xt with a 115 for arounf 18 wont do 70, Probably wouldn't take it on Erie, but would be a comfortable ride tops at 50 holds 7'6" rods has good storage, of course the electronics and tm are junk but those can be upgraded later, plus can be pulled by a midsize suv. With the new cafe standards and such coming into effect in the near future you might see more boats like this than a 20-22' fully rigged 250 horse tank that is gonna take a 50-70k truck to pull it!

Let me ask this question and preface it by saying that I'm not judging anyone, just curious...

Is the purpose for having a 200+ HP motor and the ability to drive 60-70 mph on the lake primarily for racing to spots in tournaments? I like going fast as much as the next guy, but that's flying! I've got a 115 four stroke and can hit 40 with my Lund which seems plenty fast for recreational fishing.

One could cut down the cost of a bass boat considerably by rigging it with a smaller motor. I know people say get the highest horsepower your boat can handle, but why? I can pull tubes and skis fine with a 115.

Just wondering as I may sell my boat eventually and buy a bass boat.

Motor wont work as hard to do simple things and will be more efficient. I think most bass boat owners will agree, unless you are in a real hurry or in a tournament, 40 mph is about what I go.