Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deitz Dittrich

Bleading trailer breaks?

5 posts in this topic

So, when returning to the parking lot last night, I noticed that I broke a break line on my trailer. A small metal tube about the size of a coffee straw is broke, its supposed to be attached to a rubber tube and then the brake its self.. I assume I can just replace said small metal tube.. but have no idea how to bleed the system with new break fluid.

Or, since I am a mechanical I D I O T , should I bring this to a professional.. and if so, how much will this cost approx?

FYI, 20 ft boat, dual wheels, but (Disk) breaks only on back wheels.

You could try to do it yourself, It is really not that hard but is time consuming you need to keep filling and pumping the break actuator to get the air out.

It takes about an hour to do it.

You will need a couple guys to help move the accuator and tighten and loosen the brek lines

If someone you know, or a mechinic you do bus. with has a air presure break bleeder you can borrow it. After replacing the damaged hose Its pretty simple, fill the resivor with break fluid and hook the bleeder up, open the bleed screw on the wheel cyl and close it when clearv fluid comes out.

dude, break lines are not easy to work on, or fix. Take it somewhere and have them do it, or get connect with a mech around your area that might know how to fix them. There very iffy

to to parts store, get brake line, flaring tool and connectors. once all that is done, gravity feed to bleed brakes. I just did it on my ranger trailer. It worked out well. Good Luck Dietz!