• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New PB in under a week

MinnesnowtaWild

Well last Tuesday I got a new PB from a 42x26 Flathead that weighed 31 lbs or so if I remember right.

Tonight went out and beat that PB with this 44x26 fish. Did not have a scale but I'm guessing high 30's for sure. Flathead chart puts it at 40 lbs but I don't know about that.

P1010054.jpg

No sir I did not fish last night unfortunately. Tonight I was not expecting to catch anything because all the spots we wanted from shore were taken but I managed to find a spot with some depth and wow was it worth the walking around for 2 hours tryin to find somewhere to fish. Started out with a smaller Flat under 10 pounds and figured that was a decent sign since we had been there for 5 minutes and sure enough this gal was there and hungry. Hit the bullhead within a minute of casting out my second bullie.

I didn't catch anything tonight but had a blast. My girlfriend caught her first big cat, which happens to be her second Flathead ever and her fourth total Catfish.

Here is her new PB:

31 lbs. & 43x25

4444_207303590132_660730132_7126048_2363

And took her uncle out who is a cop in Illinois and had only caught small channels before and we got him hooked into a 21 lb. 37" Flathead which is his biggest Catfish as well.

4444_207303595132_660730132_7126049_5253

Wow nice fish, you & your group are really tearing it up this year!

There's nothing like the feeling of being the one who guided somebody to their PB, is there? It's the next best thing to watching your kids open their presents on Christmas morning!

Funny you should mention this Jeff. I was involved in a deep discussion elsewhere about weight and measurements of fish the past couple of days. If it’s truly weight that you want to reference and you want no doubts then you will have to put it on a scale. Simple as that.

There are formulas and or averages that you can use as a guideline and to be honest, it’s your fish you caught it, you can “call it” anything you want smile

We (myself included) seem to always get hung up on weight. Was it a 30? Was it a 40? Was it a 50? It’s a tough thing to let go of am I’m slowly getting better.

As long as you had fun doing it and made a memory or two, that is all that matters.

And my two cents about your question, I say sure why not, call it a 40. The formula I use puts it right there, so if it was me, I would call it a 40.

Jeff you're making me look bad! haha I am going to quit my job haven't had a chance to fish in too long!!! :P Saturday night though, I'm going to have to do some serious work to catch back up to you bud! It's on smile

Funny you should mention this Jeff. I was involved in a deep discussion elsewhere about weight and measurements of fish the past couple of days. If it’s truly weight that you want to reference and you want no doubts then you will have to put it on a scale. Simple as that.

There are formulas and or averages that you can use as a guideline and to be honest, it’s your fish you caught it, you can “call it” anything you want smile

We (myself included) seem to always get hung up on weight. Was it a 30? Was it a 40? Was it a 50? It’s a tough thing to let go of am I’m slowly getting better.

As long as you had fun doing it and made a memory or two, that is all that matters.

And my two cents about your question, I say sure why not, call it a 40. The formula I use puts it right there, so if it was me, I would call it a 40.

Ha good point Darren...I have had the most fun of my life this year fishing so I guess it doesn't really matter! I have taken 5 days off for family so I have been able to get out a lot the last few days but back to work I go Monday so I'll let everyone catch and pass me!

Thanks guys...I may be done for a little while taking care of my girlfriend since she got surgery but hopefully she will let me sneak out tonight and hit the river again. I wanna get my buddy Nick a KOTC fish and keep the ball rollin.

Off to the bullhead pond I go.

So I broke my PB again...I think that's three times this year now. This one was a confirmed 40 lb fish and went 45x27. What a fricken BLAST this guy was to catch. I even managed to slip into the river releasing him but was well worth it. I realize I wear the same thing every night but it's just the stuff I use for fishing so I don't get all my clothes dirty.

P1010139-1.jpg