• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

KMR85

I thought Leno left under his own terms. He's been planning on moving on for years.

It doesn't look like much is going to change, Leno is going to have a show on directly before Conan, basically its the same lineup they just moved it an hour earlier. And Conan looks to be keeping alot of the same look and feel of his old show.

Personally I thought Leno's jokes were getting tired. However I thought he did a great job with the interviews, he got more out of his guests then Conan or Letterman ever did.

I have a hard time believing that Jay was forced to go. He has one of the best hobbies you could have and not to mention has a large collection of toys. You wouldn't have to argue with me to retire if I had that collection

Conan has a pretty big fan base. A lot of people love him, mainly younger viewers which NBC would love to maintain and build on. If you are popular with the younger crowd that can be a recipe for a long run since the fans will start watching early on and will likely stick with you as they grow up. Also the tonight show doesn't have a history of frequent host changes so I'm guessing Conan will be there for awhile even if ratings slip they'll likely ride it out. I think the ratings dipped when Leno first took over and he still made it 17 years.

I Some old school "in the year 2000" is in order.

I know!!! I was waiting for it last night. Hopefully they do one soon. I always loved that one.

I've always liked Letterman more than Jay. But now that Conan is on at 10:30 I will be switching to NBC.

Personally I thought Leno's jokes were getting tired. However I thought he did a great job with the interviews, he got more out of his guests then Conan or Letterman ever did.

The jokes getting tired is the writers fault- not Jays. He didn't write them, just read them off the teleprompter. I think Conan actually writes alot of his own though

You had to laugh when Will Ferrell got carried in by Egyptian throne bearers last night.

DD

I thought that was great. He wanted to keep it low key laugh

I think Conan will have good ratings. He had really good ratings at Late Night and I actually hadn't watched Late Night very much since it was on so late. He should do fine. Tonight Will Ferrell is on Man VS Wild and the previews look pretty good.

I am glad I actualy can watch Conan...IMO he is a very funny guy but from what I saw last night I hope they keep Andy low key...I can't stand when they turn up th co-hosts mic to hear him laughing!!

I was bugged by his laughing last night to. Either put him in the chair next to conan and make him more a part of the show or turn his mic off and down play him being there. Just hearing his laugh from off camera was annoying.

I think Conan and Leno have different fans. Conan draws a much younger crowd so many people won't like him, but that highly coveted younger demographic will watch and I'm sure NBC is betting on that. And they will still have Leno on every night so they won't lose his loyal viewers either. In my opinion it was a smart move.

I only watched Leno for monday night headlines, and never watched Conan. I thought his opening bit was funny, running across america and stopping at the victorian doll house was hilarious. Also his universal studios piece was funny too, once they took the buses out in the streets.

Leno was for the younger audience 17+ years ago, too. Both Jay and his core all grew up. The hosts grow with their audiences, just like Letterman's has, and as Conan's will. I'm sure Carson was aiming at a younger audience than Ed Sullivan's when he started, too.

I say: bring back Craig Kilborn!

He was in Old School as the main charachters girl he is interested in's boyfriend...if that makes sense.....he was ok but someone earlier mentioned Craig Ferguson...wow talk about horrible......his talk show is on the late late late part for a reason.....you need to be drunk to understand him and think he is funny....

Id rather watch Leno over Letterman but I think Conan is way funnier than both by far. Some of the stuff he does is pretty off the wall and dumb but Conan can usually find a way to make it funny in the end. I guess I gotta give Andy a chance but I hope he doesnt take the place of the chats with Max or the band members thats usually pretty funny.

IMO it was a big mistake. Conan will fail very quickly in that time slot. I don't care for Conan and he is NOT funny. Kinda stupid if you ask me. I guess you better be buzzed if you want to watch it.

Conan being not funny is your opinion. Looks like a lot of people here like him. Of course I am part of Conan's target audience and I am buzzed alot when watching his show so it works great for me! Gary, come September you can get back to watching Leno.

He was in Old School as the main charachters girl he is interested in's boyfriend...if that makes sense.....he was ok but someone earlier mentioned Craig Ferguson...wow talk about horrible......his talk show is on the late late late part for a reason.....you need to be drunk to understand him and think he is funny....

I know exactly what you're talking about with Kilborn's character. That role was hardly a career maker for him. I think we was better off staying with the talk show thing. He might have been in line to move up and maybe take over for Letterman someday if he would have stuck with it.

And Craig Ferguson is not very good in my opinion. I'm not sure how he got that job or how he's lasted as long as he has.

KMR85 it has to be the age thing. I grew up with Johnny Carson and accepted Jay Leno and grew to like him also, however each person was different. Now another person and another approach. Time will tell, but I will not go out of my way to flip over to his show. MLB highlites would win out.

If anything he will pull different viewers in. His comedy is more in line with Letterman than what Leno was. Actually, I was more of a Letterman guy, now I can enjoy both. Just check who has the best guests that night.

DD

I like the monalogues(sp) and the little segments before the guests. My least favorite parts of the show are when the guests are being interviewed. Of course if it's a comedian or actor I like, then I stay tuned in. That isn't too often though.

KMR85 it has to be the age thing. I grew up with Johnny Carson and accepted Jay Leno and grew to like him also, however each person was different. Now another person and another approach. Time will tell, but I will not go out of my way to flip over to his show. MLB highlites would win out.

I see nothing wrong with that. I like the MLB highlights too, I just cannot stand ESPN. I try to catch the highlights on FSN if I can.