Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LEECH21

Wheel-bearing leaking grease......

5 posts in this topic

I bought a new boat last spring and it came on an EZ-Loader trailer. The wheels have a rubber piece that fits over the greased area. I noticed that it is cracking already and the rim and tire is getting all greasy from driving it. Is this something I should complain the the company about. The trailer is only one year old. Or is there a product that I can cheaply and effectivly remedy this problem.

Thanks for the input!

I would have it checked right away. If its a bearing buddy cover, I would get a new one as you could end up with a big greasy mess.

More than likely not but one could have a seal out. Is it on both wheels or just one? Is the grease leaking on the inside and outside of the rim?

get new bearing buddy's from gander or walmart for $20 before you get water in there and rust up your bearing and then ill have a bigger problem then a greasy wheel.

It sounds like you might be over-greasing them as well... if there's grease to be flung around the rim.

marine_man