• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Line for Revo Winch?

Larson15

I finally got my Revo Winch that I have been waiting for and I cant decide what line to put on it. I want to use it for throwing cranks and pitchin/flipping jigs. I want to either put on power pro or gamma. Let me know what you think.

Hmm, those are 2 pretty contrasting styles for the same reel! If you are going to go with a non-mono, I would do fireline, since it will not keep your crank from getting it's depth. If you are going to go non-superline...man, I just dont think you can do it. You will need to go at least 17 for flippin/pitchin and that will hurt your crank depth A LOT!

I dont want to come across as a jerk here, please understand I am just stating an opinion. I dont think there is a line made that will do both cranks and jigs, and to add to that, I dont think there is a rod made that will do both well. Cranks and spinnerbaits yes.. Cranks and small swim baits.. you bet.. Jigs and topwater scum frogs, yep. Jigs and caroilina rigs, yep.. Jigs and texas rigs, sure. But in my opinion, not Jigs and cranks, unless they are huge monster cranks/Swimbaits.

Thanks for the input everyone, I have used powerpro #30 for both in the past and it has seemed to of worked. I understand what you guys are saying and I have decided to make this a cranking only rod that might get some action for the use of a spinnerbait. If I were to go braid (fireline or powerpro) what is a good pound to use that is also good to cast? I got #30 lb powerpro already on 2 of my setups and this is the only pound test that I have had experience with. If I go mono, I was considering trying Cajun Red, but not sure what # to try out.

30 is fine.. I would not go any less or you will have casting issues on a baitcaster with the line digging in. I use 10 lb on most of my crank rods.. 14 on my spinnerbait rod.. I would think if you would like mono go with a 12 and you should be happy.. Cajun is a stiff line and doesnt cast all that well, but is very strong.