Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chaddjurg

humminbird 565

3 posts in this topic

I have been thinking about purchasing a new fish finder and keep leaning towards the Humminbird 565 portable. I have read that some people even use it ice fishing. The sole purpose in purchasing this is to use it at my father-in-laws cabin. He has a boat but no electronics and I like the ability of taking the unit back home with me.

Has anyone ever used this unit? What are some of the things that you like/dislike about it? If you have used the portable version, how long does the battery last?

Thanks for you help.

I had one is another boat a few years back. It got the job done just fine. In fact, it worked better than my new Lowrance 522 unit that I paid much more money for.

Granted my Lowrance has the GPS feature but as far as the rest goes, for the money the 565 is a good unit in my eyes.

I did quite a bit of research recently as my old unit was on the fritts and ended up purchasing the 565. Great unit, especially for the $$$.