Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TruthWalleyes

Tenting/Bugs

7 posts in this topic

How does everyone keep the bugs out of their tents?

I want to take my daughtor camping for her first time this weekend, but don't want bugs to ruin it. I always keep the door zipped tight except when i'm going in and out. So what do you folks do?

Thanks in advance for chiming in.

set it up and spray the front door area with something that will help keep bugs from the deep woods OFF wink still gonna get some in there which only adds to the camping experience

Be very careful what you spray on your tent. Most bug sprays will harm nylon....which is what most tents are made out of.

We keep things zipped up except when we enter or exit. Not much else you can do.

One of my girls used to hate bugs, but once she seen that they don't do anything, she got over it. If you want her to enjoy the outdoors she has to learn to like all of it....at least the little things like mosquitoes and moths.

I'd have to agree with you Powerstroke, I got a little sick of the bug bites after memorial weekend, Maybe my tent is just a cheapo!

I'm just surprised there are not more bug remedies!

Probably pretty obvious but make sure to brush yourself off pretty good before going into your tent. It does help reduce the number of mosquitos in the tent.