• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best way to clean boat carpet?

DGTAYLO

Question

I have a Lund Pro V that after several years of use needs to have the carpets cleaned. When I think about this I see a picture in my head that shows me out fishing in the rain with soap suds rising from the carpet.

I've thought of using a power washer to clean it but thought I could maybe learn from someone elses mistake. Anybody had any luck?

11 answers to this question

On my Pro V (1775) I take out the panel that allows you access to your livewell pumps. Pull the plug and park the boat on a hill so water flows to the back of the boat. Pressure washer (I am capable to use hot water as the pressure washer has a burner) and spike in some carpet shampoo. Do that, let it sit for a bit and then blow it all back out.

Originally Posted By: Deitz Dittrich
I use a pet oxy type cleaner I got at the Home and Garden show.. stuff is awesome.. but for the life of me I cant remember what its called..

Perhaps you could look and let us know smile

LOL, I had to e-mail the wife.. I'm a dork..

Its called Bio-Ox. works very good!

I have a 2004 Lund and this year I took the easy way out.

I took it to the quarter car wash, pulled the plug, jacked it up and sprayed it from front to back. First pass soap and next two passes rinse. Cost $1.50 Time twelve minutes.

The carpet looks as good as new and the area where the floor meets the walls are clean and totally clear of dirt. The nap of the carpet is raised back up and it looks great.

Two months later the carpet still looks good and no suds when fishing in the rain.

Cheap and easy that's the way I like it !

I have a 2004 Lund and this year I took the easy way out.

I took it to the quarter car wash, pulled the plug, jacked it up and sprayed it from front to back. First pass soap and next two passes rinse. Cost $1.50 Time twelve minutes.

The carpet looks as good as new and the area where the floor meets the walls are clean and totally clear of dirt. The nap of the carpet is raised back up and it looks great.

Two months later the carpet still looks good and no suds when fishing in the rain.

Cheap and easy that's the way I like it !

Man, you are quicker than me. I spent about $7.00! frown