Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackstarluver

What's with the defecit?

3 posts in this topic

Okay, I caught 1 4# pike this season, last season I caught no pike. What is going on. I love pike fishing and since I work nights do a lot of night fishing. The biggest ones I have ever caught have been at night. Where'd they go?

I have caught more while jigging for walleyes than normal this year, but they aren't responding to crank baits nearly as well as usual. Maybe combination of weird weather/water colder than normal? Last summer was very slow for me as well, but this winter was great.

Steve

My biggest pike was also at night on a full moon, 36". In general though I do not catch many pike at night on our clear lake. My peak time for catching medium sized pike is late afternoon, say 3-5 pm by trolling around and also casting around sharp breaks.

I've also caught pike jigging for walleyes this spring, but no walleye's. Then while trying to catch pike, I couldn't keep the bass off. Guess I should try to target some bass and pick up walleyes instead!