Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LHarris

Lighning Strikes Twice

2 posts in this topic

Joe *dirt* Chadwick and I talked last night about a big trout someone lost while fishing with me. I suggested that he take his dad or grandpa after is. He took his cousin Pat Schendel with him instead.

Pat caught the 22 and 3/4s in small stream brown on the second cast. That trout was 5 inches longer than any other trout Pat had caught in his life. Pat and Joe stopped in to my house to thank me for the tip on the big trout. I snapped a photo of it before it went to the taxidermist's

One hour after the first visit my phone rang. The 2 were so pumped up about trout fishing....they went out again. Pat scored a "TWIN" to the first trout. A second trip was in order to the taxidermist. One was caught in Richland County and other was caught in Crawford County. Both were caught on night crawlers.

Both will be placed on the same piece of driftwood.

Congrats Pat Schendel!

I cought a 21.5 inch brookie this year and instead of letting it go i was going to bring it to the taxidermy place but had no money...so that was the best tasting trout i have ever had. That is an awesome story and would have gotten them mounted for sure. To me replicas are worthless and fake any one can go out and get a replica of any kind of fish. The only way to go is a real mount because its the exact fish you got. as uncle ted once said "The Beast Is Dead Long Live The Beast"