• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey ya'll,

I have not heard too much about Mozingo lately in any of my readings online. Does anyone have a walleye report (or crappie) from any recent trips.

Does anyone know any of the hot walleye spots for the early summer and mid summer bite. Is it similar to every other lake around here, mainlake points and flats with a variety of baits depending on the day.

Just curious, any hints will help.

THanks,

KC

Good job guys and good reports. I was there on Saturday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm with my brother. We cleaned 34 most of them were 10 -11-1/2 inches. Blue/whit tube jig in the tree tops in the mid lake area. Looks like I need to get down by the dam if the big ones are biting down there. Jackb, what kind of structure were you fishing? 16 in fish is a toad.

These are crappie fisherman. Several good reports about crappie and bass, but no walleye!

Thanks for the post Barry.

Any current updates on Mozingo?

I am thinking about coming up there this weekend for a day. Since I have still never fished it do you have any good hints on where to try for walleyes or crappies? Any specific baits that are hot up there now?

Partner and I have been laid up lately. Him with colon problems and me with a hernia so we haven't been there for over a month. mad Evenings trolling by the dam have been the best spot.

Found this on a crappie forum.

Fishing has been hot and cold up there this spring. With all the rain the lakes been up and down as well as pretty dingy sometimes. I live about 40 miles from there and we've had 7-1/2" of rain the last two nights! I haven't been up there for a couple weeks but plan on trying again maybe this weekend; bad conditions or not. I'll probably try the brush piles and deeper water along the channel.

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I apprecaite the feedback as I may not make the drive up there then with all this rain we have been getting. I may just keep trying the old standby lakes closer to KC, or maybe venture out in to Kansas some more. Good luck fishin fellas. Finns I hope you get to feeling better and your partner too.