• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LeBron James...NBA MVP & Poor Sport!!!

OIF_Veteran_21B

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they should. It just shows respect IMO of the game. After all it is just a game. Someone said there is to much niceness in sports. Well then if you want less, then no more All star games, as this would go against that idea. No more praying after the football games at mid field with members of both teams in attendance. Just shake their hands and say good game. It isn't that hard to do.

I was in Las Vegas in January for our work convention and we had Chuck Daly as our keynote speaker. Probably one of the last speeches he gave, and he talked about his old Pistons and MJ and he told me a story about MJ where he (Chuck) beat MJ on the golf course the day before the Bulls and Pistons played a game and he said that Michael shook his hand (and paid his wager!) but during the game he LIT UP the Pistons for about 58 points hitting rainbows from everywhere and getting rebounds, steals and assists like you read about. The funny thing was he said after each basket he would run past Daly on the bench and shout something about beating him on the golf course! That was MJ and that is Old School, look them dead in the eye, shake their hand, congratulate them, and then KICK THEIR BUTT the next time! Great story among many others over the 45 minute chat, very sad to hear of his passing a few months later. Class act leader of a team who was not always known as being class acts. Old School BABY!

I think too much is being made over a simple skipped handshake.

I realize the post game handshake is a sign of sportsmanship, I have always done it myself.

I'm an intensely competetive person and I can see how frustration and the competetive drive can cuase a guy to skip a hand shake. It might not be the right thing to go but I can see how it can happen.

Just put yourself in his position. You spend your life working toward one goal, you put your heart and soul into the endevour and just when you think you are close to acheiving the goal you and your team comes up short. And the second you lose the game and are at the height of frustration and disappointment you are expected to immedietely forget about it and go shake hands with the guys who just beat you. Thats got to be tough to do for anyone. Was it a bad decision, probably. SHould he have shaken hands, yes he should have. But I'm not going to jump all over the guy or think less of him for a minor lapse in judgement.

I think too much is being made over a simple skipped handshake.

I realize the post game handshake is a sign of sportsmanship, I have always done it myself.

I'm an intensely competetive person and I can see how frustration and the competetive drive can cuase a guy to skip a hand shake. It might not be the right thing to go but I can see how it can happen.

Just put yourself in his position. You spend your life working toward one goal, you put your heart and soul into the endevour and just when you think you are close to acheiving the goal you and your team comes up short. And the second you lose the game and are at the height of frustration and disappointment you are expected to immedietely forget about it and go shake hands with the guys who just beat you. Thats got to be tough to do for anyone. Was it a bad decision, probably. SHould he have shaken hands, yes he should have. But I'm not going to jump all over the guy or think less of him for a minor lapse in judgement.

DING DING DING we have a winner....

I understand the jealously and hatred toward Professional athletes and how much moola they make but come on guys!...

The biggest tool in shed Windy?...LMAO! Lebrons not even in the top 1,000,000 in that category..