• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Established CRAB GRASS help

Stickjiggler

I had a guy liquid fert. my yard on Fri. He tells me that what I thought was QUACK is actually CRAB grass. I have tons of this in my yard so what can I use to get rid of this stuff? Also Where can I buy the stuff you recomend?

Thanks. ANDY

They make a spray that all of the big box home stores carry, a couple different versions, I like the style that hooks on a hose and you just turn on the water and spray the water and "crabgrass killer", or you can mix it and apply by hand sprayer if you get the concentrate. I also get the concentrate and then add that to the hose sprayer bottle when it runs out. In the spring, apply a crabgrass preventer if you are not trying to grow new seed. Best of luck, it might take a few treatments of the spray to knock it out.

You cannot use just any "weed killer". You need to be sure that it's labeled for Crabgrass.

The professional versions are called Drive 75, Q4, Momentum Q.

Momentum Q is a combination broadleaf herbicide as well as a post emergent crabgrass control.

If your guy is licensed and knows what he's doing, he should be able to apply this for you.

If you want to know if he's licensed, you can look up the company on the Minnesota Department of Agriculture's HSOforum.

Thanks guys! Yes he is liscensed I just didn't get a chance to talk to him much. I had to go b4 he was done. I will give him a call about it as well. Just thought I would ask here first. You guys offer a lot of good advice and it is greatly appreciated by many!!!

Thanks again! ANDY

Pretty early to have a yard infested with crabgrass. I have a feeling you were right to begin with that it is quack. Has it been there all year or did it just pop up in the last week?? If it has been there since this spring and it grows fast and tall it is probably quack. I personally have yet to see crabgrass this year, but not saying its not out there.

P.S. Just because he has a liscence doesn't mean he knows what he is talking about. wink

Yea if its been there for years and doesn't die off every year in September you have quack just like me. Crabgrass can begin to sprout this time of year but it is still early. Usually don't start seeing alot of it until the end of June. We just got done putting down pre-emergent last week. You may want to educate your lawn care expert and show him a thing or two. smile I can name one lawn care company that is full of incompetent licensed employees....they are somehow the largest in the country!!

Yea if its been there for years and doesn't die off every year in September you have quack just like me. Crabgrass can begin to sprout this time of year but it is still early. Usually don't start seeing alot of it until the end of June. We just got done putting down pre-emergent last week. You may want to educate your lawn care expert and show him a thing or two. smileI can name one lawn care company that is full of incompetent licensed employees....they are somehow the largest in the country!!

That's because they're a marketing company, not a lawn care company.