Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ratmn218

1997 chev 5.0 liter

15 posts in this topic

if i dont let truck warm up, acceleration is kinda doggy,no miss, no check engine light on .after up to temp, acceleration seems normal, any ideas???

getting wore out? just cold blooded? our camaro is that way...

Quote:
any ideas???

Let it warm up a bit before putting the hammer down?

The first thing I would do is monitor live data on a scan tool to see if there are some clues.

90,000 miles wore out, dont think so.

good thing you stated that it only had 90,000 on it huh?

oops, my bad. looked today and it has 97000, i do run a k&n air filter if that helps get some clues.was thinking something with the mass air flow????

Oil wetted air filters can cause mass air flow sensor problems. (Sometimes vehicle manufacturers will not honor engine / emission systems warranties because of installation of oil wetted air filters.)

If the mass air flow is dirty than it usually causes things to go lean. A cold engine needs to be richer until it warms up. A false lean condition could cause your symptoms. Cleaning the MAF with some MAF sensor cleaner might help. Certainly worth the couple bucks for the cleaner.

No carb cleaner.

Brake cleaner should be fine but there are a few out there that are super potent. I know the 3M stuff is fine to use as well as the stuff we get in the barrel which I can't remember the name of off hand.

Or perhaps some other sensor giving inaccurate readings...coolant temp sensor, maybe?

Or perhaps some other sensor giving inaccurate readings...coolant temp sensor, maybe?

Absolutely, that's why monitoring the vehicle with a scan tool during its warm up would be beneficial.