• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MY EYES ARE FALLING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

walleyeking19

Okay, so here's what happened...I was reeling in a rock bass last night and after I put the dumb thing back in the water, I looked at the top 2 eyelets on my rod. The insides of both eyelets came out. I got more fish after that with no problem but is there a way of replacing them or do I need a new rod all together?

I had the same thing happen to me... but it wasn't a fish that did it. It was my 4 yr old son banging my rod against the metal basketball pole in the driveway.

(leave them unsupervised for a second and look what happens - ha ha)

I took it to a local rod builder and he only charged me $5 per eye. He even replaced the broken ceramic eyes with new titanium ones.

Now all my rods hang up high horizontal on the garage wall, to avoid tempting my son again...

But check with your local rod builders in your area and see what they can do for ya...

Redbeard

If the eyes are in good shape yet, get some clear epoxy and super glue.

Put the eyes back in with a drop of super glue to hold them in place then take a fine paint brush and apply a ring of epoxy around it and the metal ring of the eye.

Lay the rod horizontal to dry but you'll have to rotate it several times to keep an epoxy "drip" from forming.

Wow!! Walleyeking19, Scared me for a minute!! Granpappy caught me in the barn one day and told me if "I did that too much.. my eyes would fall out"!! Thank goodness for your eyes!! grin I've learned otherwise since! winkwink Phred52