Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MyFishHasRabies

Pitt Grade, Lake of the woods county

4 posts in this topic

i'm new to trout fishing. this is my first season and i've been out about a half dozen times.

I tried fishing Pitt Grade this past weekend and wasn't able to get any. i wasn't even able to make more than a ten foot cast with a mepps. there is some pretty thick cover overhead. there were some areas i found just as i was leaving that had almost no overhead cover, but i wasn't sure if they were there. i fished a small section of tomato creek also, but i didn't have waders or even rubber boots, so i gave up after getting wet.

my question is what do you do in such heavy overhead cover? get better at casting? haha. or do you switch live bait and a bobber? is that possible in a stream?

oh and also if anybody knows how much pressure these two streams got when they were stocked that would be something i'd like to know too. it doesn't seem like they would get heavy pressure, but who would turn down their limit of trout?

Try using lighter line and a heavier lure for casting, like a little cleo spoon or something like that.

I use 4 lb test and 1/4 spoons with 7.5 medium light action rod with a large spinning reel and I toss out 30+ yards. I love that set up and has proven to be very effective.